Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I believe he just wanted to follow other interests. He's a huge all-round sports fan. He was quite visible during the last Ryder Cup, I think his company represents a few big name golfers.

• Paid Members

I remember reading some rumours that he was looking to go into promoting MMA as well. Given the number of promotions that were popping up all over the place around that time, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a go at it.

I believe he just wanted to follow other interests. He's a huge all-round sports fan. He was quite visible during the last Ryder Cup, I think his company represents a few big name golfers.

They did have Ernie Els and Rory McCullroy (spelling?) on their books at one time. I don't think Rory is anymore though.

I remember reading some rumours that he was looking to go into promoting MMA as well. Given the number of promotions that were popping up all over the place around that time, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had a go at it.

there was a rumour that Shane made inroads about buying PRIDE FC from Dream Stage Entertainment, or at least having some kind of business deal with them. This was in Novemebr 2006, before all the Yakuza stuff came out in public. Obivously nothing happened with it because DSE sold it to Lorenzo Fertitta the following March

Edited by KingOfMetal

Titus O'Neill on Main Event was bloody brilliant. I'd love to see him get a proper singles push.

Was this the match where he spent the entire match shit talking that Fred Durst idiot you get in the front row?

He is quality. For the life of me I don't understand why someone with that size and personality is getting pinned by Justin Gabriel.

Just watched this Barry Windham vs Tim Horner match:

I've never seen much of Barry Windham's "good" stuff, I've probably watched more of him as The Stalker in WWF than any other spell of his career, but he really impressed me as The Widowmaker there. Loads of little touches in his performance that'd be great today.

Titus O'Neill on Main Event was bloody brilliant. I'd love to see him get a proper singles push.

Was this the match where he spent the entire match shit talking that Fred Durst idiot you get in the front row?

He is quality. For the life of me I don't understand why someone with that size and personality is getting pinned by Justin Gabriel.

Yeah, that one. Promo before the match was funny as well. He's an unhatched golden egg just waiting to be, uh...goosed.

Just watched this Barry Windham vs Tim Horner match:

I've never seen much of Barry Windham's "good" stuff, I've probably watched more of him as The Stalker in WWF than any other spell of his career, but he really impressed me as The Widowmaker there. Loads of little touches in his performance that'd be great today.

Yeh Windham is brilliant, i put him in the same bracket as men like Orndorf and Rude although probably better in the ring slightly than those to.

If i could some Windham up in one word it would be Fluid.

I havent watched this in a couple of years but remember it as a great match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2MvG4qR020

Flair V Windham - 1986.

Theres loads of links at the side as well to great stuff.

Loved his run around the early 90s as well when he wore his leather. Looked ace.

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of Windham's late 80s-early 90s WCW stuff. Especially the matches with Flair from 87 and his teaming with Dustin Rhodes and subsequent heel turn. Never seen his Widowmaker stuff so I'll have to give that a look.

I personally rate Rude ahead of Windham though. I think he was a slight notch above in the ring myself plus he was a more complete package when you add in his charisma, mic skills and physique. I love big Barry, and he had his own charisma and I loved his look as well, but Rude just had more of a star quality to him for me.

Then again, Rude is one of my favourite wrestlers ever, probably top 5 if I was arsed enough to rank them, so maybe I'm showing some bias.

• Moderators

In 1988 Barry Windham was the greatest wrestler in the world. I don't think there has been, or will be, a wrestler as naturally gifted as BW. Everything just came naturally to him. So graceful in everything he did.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

As part of my phone contract (Orange originally, now EE), I got these things called "swappables" - basically 2 perks I could change every month. I've never changed them, so I've got free ebooks I never remember to download, and Sky Sports and ESPN mobile TV that, for a limited amount, doesn't get deducted from my roaming data (fucking awesome). Anyway, the other month, a WWE channel popped up on the list, but didn't play anything when I clicked on it, causing me to get all excited and wonder if it meant I'd get the WWE Network when it launched. I meant to mention it at the time, but forgot about it until just now after I was watching the rugby. I clicked on it and it came up in the middle of Wrestlemania VI, with the Warrior's promo going into the entrances of the Orient Express vs the Rockers. Then it hit 10pm and it cut off, did the WWE signature thing, then started showing highlights from the Raw where Rock unveiled the new belt.

So, anyone else got this? Does it show things in full or just jump between chunks of stuff?