Paid Members mim731 Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 I love fundamentlist conspiracy nuts. So incredibly entertaining.
ItsClobberingTime Posted February 20, 2013 Posted February 20, 2013 I keep getting Swagger's new theme popping into my head at random junctures. Der, der der der der der der, de de der. You bastard.
Vamp Posted February 20, 2013 Posted February 20, 2013 The Fox News reaction to Dutch's new gimmick is fantastic! Has anyone talked about that yet? They complain about the stereotyping of Tea Party membership and then say that if the WWE want to be fair they should introduce more stereotypes such as a wrestler called Foodstamp and so forth. The best bit is when they say they should introduce a homeless guy, which shows that they don't even know who the last WWE Champ was before The Rock. Fucking lazy researchers.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 There's been a LOT of commentary by various political commentators online, mainly conservative and Republican. WWE released a statement, which was to the effect of "Look, we're just telling a story, stop taking it seriously" with a slight subtext of "LOL you butt-hurt idiots, you gotz trolled".
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 Am I the only one who finds this whole storyline bizarre considering Linda's political affiliations?
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 I thought it was odd, but there's an important thing to keep in mind: the McMahons are indeed Republicans, but they're from the libertarian side (I think), and their particular profession means they're hated more by the hard right-wing Republicans than they are by Democrats. Seeing as the Tea Party couldn't move any more to the right without falling off in Nazi territory, they probably detest the McMahons.
Paid Members Gordon_The_Gopher Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 I keep getting Swagger's new theme popping into my head at random junctures. Der, der der der der der der, de de der. You bastard. It's the new "The Game"
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 I keep getting Swagger's new theme popping into my head at random junctures. Der, der der der der der der, de de der. You bastard. It's the new "The Game" ...and how you play it.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 20, 2013 i just watched the WWE Hart Family documentary and for the first time in years saw the footage of JR doing the announcements of Owen's death live on air, as well as the updates before he made the final announcement. It's still a chillin piece of footage but i couldn't help but notice the guys mugging for the camera behind JR, including a grown man with what im assuming is his kids...from what i understand Owen was still being tended too in ring when JR was giving the initial announcements and the guy is smiling, waving and genenerally looks like hes having a great time. What the fuck!?
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted February 20, 2013 Posted February 20, 2013 Picked up the Clash of the Champions Bluray this afternoon, I'm about 3/4 through the first disc and two thought come to mind. First is how awesome the Sting/Flair match from the first show is even 25 years on and the second was how dated the early 90's footage was compared to WWE's around the same time, particularly the Sting/Rude match from 1991 and the Flair/Anderson/Hollywood Blonds match from 93
Dr.PeterVenkman Posted February 21, 2013 Posted February 21, 2013 i just watched the WWE Hart Family documentary and for the first time in years saw the footage of JR doing the announcements of Owen's death live on air, as well as the updates before he made the final announcement. It's still a chillin piece of footage but i couldn't help but notice the guys mugging for the camera behind JR, including a grown man with what im assuming is his kids...from what i understand Owen was still being tended too in ring when JR was giving the initial announcements and the guy is smiling, waving and genenerally looks like hes having a great time. What the fuck!? To be fair (and I can't say for sure because obviously I don't know the bloke) He might just have thought it was some over the top stunt, I imagine a lot of people thought it might've been, they were doing a load of over the top shit around that time I remember my mate at school telling me he'd died the next morning and I immediately assumed it was some Ministry of Darkness angle, even after he told me and a few others that it definitely was real, one lad was more pissed off that Austin had lost his title in the main event, shows you how over Austin was I suppose
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 21, 2013 Paid Members Posted February 21, 2013 (edited) the thing happened within 10-15 foot of where the guy was sitting, if you couldnt tell that it wasnt part of the show, then theres no hope for you. Edited February 21, 2013 by Ebb
The Reverend Posted February 21, 2013 Posted February 21, 2013 the thing happened within 10-15 foot of where the guy was sitting, if you couldnt tell that it wasnt part of the show, then theres no hope for you. Admittedly that's true but I've heard reports from people who were there that night saying they thought that it was a dummy that fell down. Obviously these people don't hear the commentary and knowing how strange the world of wrestling is I'm not surprised that people didn't think anything serious at first.
Professor Paul's Bin Posted February 21, 2013 Posted February 21, 2013 I've been watching WCW Nitro 1996 Season throughout the past few months. Not only has it been some brilliant television and one of the best years of wrestling. I found myself really enjoying Kevin Sullivan especially his feud with Benoit. The bloke cuts a hell of a promo, unique look and was decent in the ring. I've really become a fan of the bloke in the past few months. Is his run in ECW worth checking out?
Recommended Posts