WWF Magazine

AshC

What was your first? Mine was this beauty!

292.jpg

I remember buying this one in the newsagents as well, and trying to hide my thorough embarrassment at the time.

51a0TsGfa0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I used to get a depressing amount of my WWF news from these magazines, having never had Sky or the Internet back then.

For instance - confirmation of Hogan's return!

593.jpg

What are your memories of these heady days of pioneering mat journalism?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

WWF_Magazine_June_1990.jpg

OK, so I actually got ahold of it ages later when I was buying/stealing all my mates magazines and Hasbros, but it was still my first. In fact, so much later, I think Flair was champion at the time.

Mine was the Bulldog one as well. Glorious, it was. Got it from Asda in Small Heath and looked longingly at everything in the merchandise catalogue inside.

I remember the Undertaker/Nailz one being really late coming out, I'm not sure if I missed it. If not, though, I got every issue up until the one with Val Venis in 1998. I'm not sure why I didn't get that one, I think I just found the WWF magazine shit that I bought out of habit by that point.

The one with the WrestleMania VIII results was one of my favourites, although looking at it now, it's very Powerslammy.

zzzzd93n_June1992_L.gif

I remember buying a load of older WWF magazines (about 87-90) from a car boot sale as well and spending most of a Butlins holiday reading them in the chalet. It's no wonder I always got picked last in PE.

Archived