WWF Magazine

AshC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
This was my first. Bought it from Martin's newsagents in the Bridges:

[6401915c143473fd174710a563d9cb60_view.jpg

I take it some of the magazines articles written in advance, because as far as I can recall the Undertaker - Nailz feud did not take place.

Quick question about that pic? The article about Sgt. Slaughter being head official? Is that about him working backstage? I don't ever recall seeing Sarge as an official until 1997 (in the same manner in which you used to see Pat Patterson and Jay Strongbow etc)

No, they did a very brief spell in late 1992 where they decided with all the roided giants out of the picture, they'd pretend to be All Japan or something with clean finishes. Slaughter would appear on TV and DQ heels for cheating (Rick Martel lost to Max Moon, Nasty Boys lost a squash match), and the house shows (starting with the European tour) were Flair against Savage or Hart for 30 minutes+. As with most revamps, Vince changed his mind after a few weeks.

wwf_jan_1992.jpg

Mine was this one from January 1992. Still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

He looks like a smackhead

This was my first. Bought it from Martin's newsagents in the Bridges:

[6401915c143473fd174710a563d9cb60_view.jpg

I take it some of the magazines articles written in advance, because as far as I can recall the Undertaker - Nailz feud did not take place.

Quick question about that pic? The article about Sgt. Slaughter being head official? Is that about him working backstage? I don't ever recall seeing Sarge as an official until 1997 (in the same manner in which you used to see Pat Patterson and Jay Strongbow etc)

No, they did a very brief spell in late 1992 where they decided with all the roided giants out of the picture, they'd pretend to be All Japan or something with clean finishes. Slaughter would appear on TV and DQ heels for cheating (Rick Martel lost to Max Moon, Nasty Boys lost a squash match), and the house shows (starting with the European tour) were Flair against Savage or Hart for 30 minutes+. As with most revamps, Vince changed his mind after a few weeks.

Oh I don't remember this storyline, how did it come about storyline wise that Sgt. Slaughter was an official?

wwf_jan_1992.jpg

I ripped that one in half after the Rockers breakup. I think it took me more goes than it did Shawn though.

My greatest memory of the mag is finding out about Bret Harts world title win from it. Having no access to Sky, must have seen the magazine just before Survivor Series which I persuaded a mate to record.

Unless your mate didn't give you the tape of Survivor Series until Royal Rumble time, there's no way you first found out Bret Hart won the belt by reading the magazine.

My Raw's and WWF Mags are in A4 Folders in plastic wallets, like a proper fucking nerd.

Motherfucker!

My first one was the WM 7 special. A mate gave it to me.

wwf1991-06.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot some of those were from your equally well-looked after collection, sorry Rick.

wwf_jan_1992.jpg

I ripped that one in half after the Rockers breakup. I think it took me more goes than it did Shawn though.

My greatest memory of the mag is finding out about Bret Harts world title win from it. Having no access to Sky, must have seen the magazine just before Survivor Series which I persuaded a mate to record.

Unless your mate didn't give you the tape of Survivor Series until Royal Rumble time, there's no way you first found out Bret Hart won the belt by reading the magazine.

I say it's my greatest memory but my memory may not be so great. I still have the mag at home but am not there at the moment. Tried searching online for the date of the mag I'm pretty sure(could be wrong) it was the one with Bret Hart with Papa Shango in the sharpshooter(which i think was his first tv title defense). The story about the Bret Hart Ric Flair match definetrly had yellow pages. Will check when i get home.

• Paid Members

Used to collect the WWF magazines in the early 90's but a few from later on that I quite liked:

51o13MC1qFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Steph looked great in this edition.

51VJBEl4XAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fangin' and Bangin'

41XkigSWn9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

wwf_jan_1992.jpg

I say it's my greatest memory but my memory may not be so great. I still have the mag at home but am not there at the moment. Tried searching online for the date of the mag I'm pretty sure(could be wrong) it was the one with Bret Hart with Papa Shango in the sharpshooter(which i think was his first tv title defense). The story about the Bret Hart Ric Flair match definetrly had yellow pages. Will check when i get home.

Here it is December 92 clearly Brets title win was added at last minute. Only two months out of date. This just in..

wwf1992-12.jpg

The stamp of "A Grade 100% WWF Tested Prime Beef" seems odd now.

Here it is December 92 clearly Brets title win was added at last minute. Only two months out of date. This just in..

wwf1992-12.jpg

The stamp of "A Grade 100% WWF Tested Prime Beef" seems odd now.

Yeah, and here's the one you're thinking of:

wwf1992-11.jpg

Which had Flair's title win.

That picture brings up a question. Was there ever any onscreen reason given (well, prior to Cena's one this year) for how Rock went from the "The Rock don't even got his gear!" complaint when he had to defend the title in the tracksuit to just wearing it all the time? I watched Raw every week at the time and don't remember it being brought up, but it seems mad that it wouldn't be, considering he made a big deal of it not being his wrestling attire the first week.

Archived