UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've neither sent nor received yet either. All set to go though, so unless I'm a complete twat (yes, make your own joke) I should send mine out first thing tomorrow.

• Paid Members

I've received mine but still not listened to the entire 2nd disc. I'm one of those bad people who is still yet to send theirs though. It's burnt, but I need to buy a case and print a cover!

• Paid Members

Mine is going through a confusing transit, so I don't know where it is right now - posted to another member here, who is then forwarding it to my mum, who will send it out from there. Haven't had notification from my parents that they received anything yet.

• Paid Members

A lot are also having problems with R*y*l M**l, too. But that's what you get when the postage is so cheap.

A lot are also having problems with R*y*l M**l, too. But that's what you get when the postage is so cheap.

Lol. I see what you did there.

No word on whether mine did arrive yesterday. I hope that's just because the recipient is so busy listening to the great tunes to waste time on here.

• Paid Members

Pretty sure i've got Kennys.

Package arrived Saturday, opened it up to find a case with the message 'Welcome to Scotland' staring me in the face which didn't exactly fill me with excited anticipation to be honest as that's not a message i ever hope to see. I haven't got to that CD yet though and kidding aside looking at the playlist set-up i like the look of and i'm intrigued by the north, east, south, west theme/concept.

There was 2 CDs though, i can't remember the name of the other one at the moment but i will add that when i do a full, more in-depth review later on. I've had a bit of a listen to this one, sticking it on in the car while driving to clients yesterday. Few tracks in and i'm quite liking the sound and for some reason it is reminding me and taking me back to the Shine CDs of the 90's, which i was quite a fan of so i guess that's a good thing. Few more tracks in and i'm thinking the tracks lead into the next quite well which is a detail i appreciate and think is important and then it finally occurs to me that i think this is all the same band and probably Kennys band or a maybe friends of his or something? I think anyway, i may be wrong. I haven't got all the way through but it will need a few listens i think. Currently, they all blend into one a little too much the more you get into it and a bit samey but, in saying that i'm sure there was a couple i was quite fond of early on. Generally though, i quite like their sound if not exactly blown away by it.

With regard my CD, as i've just emailed back to Tommy! i've had a nightmare with mine. My PC with all my music on is utterly fucked. I have my playlist more or less sorted and ready to burn i just can't actually complete the burning. My PC is corrupted and for it to be repaired i am required to sit at home on the phone to a Dell Technician for a period of time between 8am and 8pm Monday-Friday. Monday to Friday i work from 7am to any of 8/9/10pm so it's not exactly ideal. I've kept some time free tomorrow morning though so i hope to get that shit sorted and get the thing together and out by this time next week.

To be continued.

I wouldn't go that far. The only problem seemed to be the deadline. I cobbled mine together to get it posted late May, but if I realised I had extra time, I would have taken more care and attention.

Still not had confirmation that someone's received it mind, and I've still not got mine either. But all's fair in love and CD's.

Short Order Cook - definitely mine. It's actually two bands and some solo stuff by my favourite artist. It's basically a bonus. The other one is possibly more interesting (and has liner notes to tell you a bit more about what you're hearing.) Looking forward to reading a more detailed opinion.

Archived