UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

Right, finally got round to writing a review for the CD I received weeks ago. My apologies to the sender, a mixture of laziness and hangovers got in the way. I'm going from memory and the notes I wrote when I originally listened to it (yes I made notes, I'm a massive poindexter) as the disk is lost somewhere on my desk so if anything sounds especially bizarre then that might be why (particularly as my handwriting is utterly appauling).

1. Jose Gonzalez

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

2 songs from the same band on a mix CD is punishable by death, I hope you know.

Shit. I'm dead then. But surely it doesn't count if you put together CDs that are effectively "Best of..." collections?

I think for that you just have to get "I <3 [band's name]" tattooed on your old chap.

• Paid Members

Apologies for the double-post, but mine arrived today! Entitled "The Fuller Brush Monster goes door to door", sports a nifty front cover and has a track list that looks like it's going to be rather horizon-broadening for me. Looking forward to it, gonna stick it on later and do some forum detective work to see if I can figure out from whence it came.

• Paid Members

2 songs from the same band on a mix CD is punishable by death, I hope you know.

Shit. I'm dead then. But surely it doesn't count if you put together CDs that are effectively "Best of..." collections?

I think for that you just have to get "I <3 [band's name]" tattooed on your old chap.

I did that - I really do love Simon Dupree and the Big Sound.

• Paid Members

Update: still haven't listened to the CD, but have used it to successfully trap in a glass and rid my room of both a wasp and a spider in the space of 30 seconds. Fuller Brush Monster is my new hero.

• Paid Members

Mine arrived today, I'm guessing 'Triple A' from the envelope? Cheers blud.

Will stick it in the car tomorrow & write a review. Lots of stuff I wouldn't normally listen to but enough on there for it not to be a total departure. Talking Heads, Bomb The Bass & REM is a win.

• Paid Members
Mine arrived today, I'm guessing 'Triple A' from the envelope? Cheers blud.

Will stick it in the car tomorrow & write a review. Lots of stuff I wouldn't normally listen to but enough on there for it not to be a total departure. Talking Heads, Bomb The Bass & REM is a win.

Enjoy it, Big Dog.

Right, finally got round to writing a review for the CD I received weeks ago. My apologies to the sender, a mixture of laziness and hangovers got in the way. I'm going from memory and the notes I wrote when I originally listened to it (yes I made notes, I'm a massive poindexter) as the disk is lost somewhere on my desk so if anything sounds especially bizarre then that might be why (particularly as my handwriting is utterly appauling).

All in all i'd say, while i'd heard bits before, it's still an enjoyable disk, particularly the Jose Gonzalez and Porcupine Tree tracks. Once again, apologies for the delay and if you'll excuse me i'm off to practice my handwriting.

That was my disc, cheers for taking the time to listen. I tried to use some different stuff and still create a flow to the track list. Session actually is Linkin Park but I didn't write that on the track list as I just wanted to use as a transition into the Peeping Tom/Jay Z stuff. Likewise with Sweet Cream coming back out, that's actually something Mike Patton did for the Crank 2 score. Glad you enjoyed a fair bit of it anyway.

• Paid Members

Listened to the first half of my CD on the drive to work this morning. All good stuff so far, sounds like it was compiled by a skinny jeaned, NME reader who'd just spent the weekend watching John Hughes films.

When is Tommy! going to name and shame the people who haven't bothered sending discs? There must be quite a few. If he could also tell PM me telling me who my disc went to, so I can at least search through this thread and see if they mentioned receiving one, or if they are saying they haven't got one, cos it's def been sent!

Archived