UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Paid Members

I still need to get the CD burnt and sent out, hopefully I'll be able to complete that today or tomorrow and it will be winging its way to the unlucky recipient. I've not received mine yet either.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It has been posted. It's done. It's finished. Apologies to the recipient for the delay as well as the tracks used. I purposely didn't include a playlist as I think you'd probably just toss it aside if you knew what was on it. I haven't done it deliberately, it's just a reflection of my music taste. Who knows, maybe you will like it!

Received mine today (after paying the excess postage). Not too sure about all the bands on there, but any CD featuring motherfucking Cancer Bats and their epic rendition of Sabotage can't be all bad. I'll try to listen over the weekend and write up a wee review some time next week.

Got my cd through, just put it on whilst watching the cricket. Has a nice cover and opened with Dueling fucking banjos, good stuff. Will post a full review later.

Right, here we go then. No tracklist so its down to what I know and my trusty Shazam app to identify anything else. Here's my review of the cd titled "Oiled Up And Ready for Sliding":

Track 1: Dueling Banjos. Y'all know this, its fucking awesome.

Track 2: McFly - Corrupted. Wasn't sure what this is but it was a nice little punky pop rock song. Was surprised to see it was McFly, not what I'd imaged they sounded like.

Track 3: 30 Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens. I knew this song from the eagle call right at the start. I like 30STM a lot, even though I'm not a 15 year old girl, and the reason is unlike a lot of other bands of this ilk they have some fucking cracking songs and this is one of them. Anthemic, fun and just a great radio rock song.

Track 4: Steel Dragon - Wasted Generation. Never heard of this band, just as I typed the guitar work sounds a lot like Zakk Wylde I googled the band and it turns out it fucking is Zakk Wylde. I've never seen the movie Rock Star so this has probably gone over my head a bit but it was a decent song anyhow.

Track 5: The Living End - Carry Me Home. Not heard this before, but its ace. Great vibe and energy. Big punk rock sound, this is going straight on the ipod. Will check out more of this band, really liked it.

Track 6: The Bluetones - Don't Stand Me Down. Laid back bluesy rock, love the vocals on this too. Heard of the band but not heard anything by them, I really like this one too.

Track 7: Incubus - Megalomaniac. I was a big fan of Incubus in the early 00's, Science and Make Yourself are great. One of those bands that I just lost track of and the odd songs I had heard off the last records weren't great but this is a good track. I never actually knew what this was called before, I just called "that Jesusy one". I really should check out what they've done recently, I know they put something out a few months back. But yeah, good song this, killer chrous, Brandon Boyd has a great voice for alt rock. High energy, I'd imagine this sounds huge live.

Track 8: Manic Street Preachers - La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh). Never been a Manics fan and I don't particularly like this either. Sounds like something from their earlier stuff which I've always found far more tolerable.

Track 9: Rancid - Ruby Soho. I like a lot of punk but I don't really like Rancid. They're ok, I've heard this song before, it just doesn't do much for me.

Track 10: The Tenants - You Shit Me To Tears. Wikipedia had this genre down as 'Australian pub rock' which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Good fun, amusing lyrics, makes me want a pint.

Track 11: The King Blues - Lets Hang the Landlord. Quite like a bit of King Blues, always great live too. In googling this song I've just found out they've now broken up which is a shame. Just fun music.

Track 12: No Doubt - Bathwater. I always seem to think I don't like No Doubt but I think its just the 2 songs I hear all the time I don't like. This is a good song, bouncy and has a great groove. Probably still not the kind of thing I'd listen to usually but pretty good.

Track 13: Lush - Ladykillers. Haven't heard this band in an age. Nice song, very britpop.

Track 14: Lily Allen - Fuck You. Continuing on the girlie vox path, pretty good song this. Heard it before and I quite like it.

Track 15: Pendulum - Propane Nightmares. I've grown a bit tired of Pendulum, their most recent stuff all sounds the same. This song is pretty decent though, good live.

Track 16: The Prodigy - Voodoo People. This song is awesome, one of my favourite Prodigy songs. Enough said really.

Track 17: Rob Zombie - Pussy Liquor. Now we're talking, I fucking love Rob Zombie. Saw him do this live last year and it was immense. Great track selection too. The driving bass is just so perfect with Rob's sneering vocals. Good shit.

Track 18: Example - Watch The Sun Come Up. Not my kind of thing at all. I can listen to it and I dont dislike it, I just don't particularly like it.

Track 19: Jace Everett - Bad Things. I didn't know what its called but I did know its the theme song from True Blood. I also know that its awesome and I didn't have it, on the ipod this goes too. Great way to end the disc.

Really enjoyed the disc, some well chosen songs and paced well. Not a single song I really disliked which is good. Some songs I'd heard, some I hadn't. A good listen on a saturday afternoon and I enjoyed looking up the bands too. Cheers to my sender, feel free to reveal yourself.

• Paid Members
Really enjoyed the disc, some well chosen songs and paced well. Not a single song I really disliked which is good. Some songs I'd heard, some I hadn't. A good listen on a saturday afternoon and I enjoyed looking up the bands too. Cheers to my sender, feel free to reveal yourself.

I thought McFly would've given it away ;)

• Paid Members

Still nothing from either end.

Very well, I'll spoilerise my playlist:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

1) Alan Silvestri - Preparations

2) Pantera - Piss

3) The Black Keys - Lonely Boy

4) The Bouncing Souls - The Pizza Song

5) Machine Head - The Darkness Within

6) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns

7) Metallica - Devil's Dance

8) Soundgarden - Limo Wreck

9) Cassian - Final Round

10) Deadmau5 ft Greta Svabo Bech - Raise Your Weapon

11) Chase & Status - Rope

12) Francesco De Masi & A. Alessandroni - Tema Di Londra

13) The Bouncing Souls - Letter From Iraq

14) Judas Priest - The Sentinel

15) Machine Head - A Farewell To Arms

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

If nothing else, it's a lesson why the deadline was too bloody short :D

• Moderators

I received that cd the other day. It went to my old flat so I've only recently collected it. I stuck it in the car, but haven't listenend to it all the way through yet, hence no review.

I'm enjoying it so far though, for the most part. Full review to come in the next few days!

• Paid Members

2) Pantera - Piss

9) Cassian - Final Round

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

2 songs from the same band on a mix CD is punishable by death, I hope you know.

2) Pantera - Piss

9) Cassian - Final Round

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

2 songs from the same band on a mix CD is punishable by death, I hope you know.

Shit. I'm dead then. But surely it doesn't count if you put together CDs that are effectively "Best of..." collections?

Archived