UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Paid Members
When is Tommy! going to name and shame the people who haven't bothered sending discs? There must be quite a few. If he could also tell PM me telling me who my disc went to, so I can at least search through this thread and see if they mentioned receiving one, or if they are saying they haven't got one, cos it's def been sent!

Same, especially as I'm moving house shortly so will be missing for about 3 weeks meaning I can't resend for a while.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
When is Tommy! going to name and shame the people who haven't bothered sending discs?

Monday night.

People were bitching I sent too tight a time line, so I ease off and people bitch. You can't win can you :(

I sent a few e-mails and only one person got back.

• Paid Members

My CD is burnt and ready to post, it will be tomorrow before I can get to the post office and send it on its way though. Still not had anything arrive for me though but no big deal as its taken me long enough to get my burnt.

• Moderators

FUCK! Just lost a nice long write up that I did. This will not be as good. Apologies in advance:

1) Alan Silvestri - Preparations

Brooding classical intro. Nice idea, but overstayed its welcome a bit as an opener. Was waiting for the cd to kick in!

2) Pantera - Piss

Nice. I had never heard this track before but am a fan of Pantera. Cheers!

3) The Black Keys - Lonely Boy

I enjoyed this song, but don't really have a lot to say about it. Decent rock tune.

4) The Bouncing Souls - The Pizza Song

Couldn't get on with this little slice of pop-punk at all. Had to skip this track.

5) Machine Head - The Darkness Within

I like some Machine Head (particularly the first couple albums), but I didn't like this track at all. What is he doing with his voice??

6) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns

This was pretty cool. Need to listen to it again to remember it, but I remember enjoying it.

7) Metallica - Devil's Dance

I never listen to Reload, but this is a cool track so I enjoyed its inclusion here. I mostly only ever hear the S&M version if I hear this song at all.

8) Soundgarden - Limo Wreck

Fucking awesome track from a classic album. No complaints here, and will probably lead me to digging out Superunknown, and also Badmotorfinger.

9) Cassian - Final Round

Umm. I don't remember this one. Will have to listen again.

10) Deadmau5 ft Greta Svabo Bech - Raise Your Weapon

I liked this. I think I've heard it on an advert or maybe out somewhere sometime..? Anyway. It's a nice track.

11) Chase & Status - Rope

More with the dubsteppyness here. I've never really got into the genre as a whole (and it's still definitely not the kinda music I could dance to on a night out) but I enjoyed this track.

12) Francesco De Masi & A. Alessandroni - Tema Di Londra

The real standout of this cd for me. Really enjoyed this track, and will be trying to find more by these guys.

13) The Bouncing Souls - Letter From Iraq

A very different style from the previous Bouncing Souls track. Unfortunately still just as bad. The hackneyed anti-war sentiment was a bit embarassing tbh; had to skip this track halfway through.

14) Judas Priest - The Sentinel

This was a pretty fucking awesome song - ballsy 80s metal with stupid lyrics I can really get behind and fun solos and all that shit. It's Judas Priest; you know what you're getting.

15) Machine Head - A Farewell To Arms

Glad I gave this a go after not enjoying the previous MH track as this was much better. I was sceptical at first but it really gets going.

16) Secret unlisted bonus track - Beastie Boys - Sabotage

Y'all know how this goes. I enjoyed the surprise though, as I was just getting home and I realise the cd was going to finish, but it wouldn't be owrth me changing the music so it would just go around in teh car and then this came on to play me the last few minutes home. Perfect!

All in all an enjoyable cd.Thanks very much seph!!

• Paid Members

Glad you liked it - getting drawn to do a CD for one of the more musically-minded members of the forum was pretty daunting.

Were you thrown by the intro for Sabotage?

STILL WAITING FOR MINE BY THE WAY, TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

• Moderators
Glad you liked it - getting drawn to do a CD for one of the more musically-minded members of the forum was pretty daunting.

Were you thrown by the intro for Sabotage?

Haha.. yeah, that was nice. It added to the surprise of the bonus track. Double surprise!

Archived