UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Mine arrived earlier and although I've not listened to it the sender has already ticked some boxes with the track listing. I'm out in the car later so am going to stick it on then and am looking forward to doing so. My immediate feedback is on the excellent choice of Beatles song, whoever you are. Coincidentally, it's the same one I planned on putting on the disc I'm going to send out.

Also, I think the sender may be Scottish.

• Paid Members

I'll give some deeper thought on what I have received. I'll apologise now as I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.

It's got a title which is always a good start and shits on my effort.

Its starts very well with Johnny Cash "The Mercy Seat" which is just an amazing song I've heard before but never owned. It's a bit of an odd start to the CD though, not really fitting with what follows but that's a none point as the songs class.

There's then 3 songs by bands I've never heard of, Volbeat, Black Spiders and In Flames.

All 3 are good songs, Volbeat isn't the kind of thing I'd go for normally but there's something about it which I like.

Black Spiders - KISS tried to kill me is just super and is just the kind of thing I like, a nice rhythm to it and a very enjoyable sound to the vocals. The songs bags of fun and I'll be looking into them some more.

In flames has a good musical side but the vocals are a bit "shouty" for me.

The we have some one I know of but have never listened to in Jimmy Eat World. Its a good song, enjoyable but doesn't stand out enough to get me looking for much else by them.

then two more I've never heard of in Holy Grail and Danzig.

I like Holy Grail, crisis in utopia. Much like the song from Volbeat its not the thing I'd go for but there's enough there in a balance to make it an enjoyable listen.

Danzig - blood and tears, is just fantastic. There's a very distinctive and notable vocal vibe to it and it really fits together well as a song. Possibly the gem of this set as I'd never heard of them and I'd be inclined to look out for more with some gusto and will be getting some top play time in car and on the much more selective home based play list.

Next is Judas Priest - Rock Hard, Ride Free. I'm a bit of a fan it must be said so it's a very welcome addition.

Hell is for Heroes - night vision. An enjoyable song. Never heard of them before but its a fun little song and continues the vibe of the CD style nicely.

Saxon - Wheels of Steel. I like Saxon but so far have only ever picked up them live which I mistook for a greatest hits and I've been meaning to get more studio based stuff ever since so this should give me the push to pull me finger out finally.

The songs just top, its right up my street in style.

Two more I've never heard of, Sepultura and Rush.

Sepultura are all right, nothing bad but nothing outstanding for the most part. When there is vocal its a bit "shouty" again.

Rush - One little Victory, is much like the above without the "shouty" vocal. It, like many from the CD, will end up on disc's in my car. I doubt it will make it on the more selective home set list like Danzig will but that's testament to my love for the Danzig song more than any real knock to this.

Another I know of but haven't really listened to in Manowar with Dark Avenger (re-record). I have heard some stuff before but I'm going back a while and I could very easily mixing them up with some one else.

It continues the vibe of the CD top notch. The vocal sounds very distinctive, to me any way, and the song itself draws me in nicely. It will be breaking into the car and home section certainly

We depart with Dropkick Murphys - Amazing Grace which is a nice and fitting conclusion to the offering.

Overall a lot of hits, with a couple of top new discovery's to find out more about of which is super, and only a couple of misses down to vocals mainly not being to my taste.

I'm looking to keep the Saxon patch though, which was an ace little addition.

Given I know who sent mine obviously there's no anonymity for me, however I'll look to do a re-swap (minus the patch as that's ace and I can't rip that to my PC) so I'll not say who it is.

Just to say many thanks and it really is a very good set overall. :music:

No word that mines arrived yet, :(

• Paid Members

Still waiting for mine, and confirmation that the one I made has been received.

Archived