UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Paid Members
Tommy, mind if a throw out a few suggestions/tweaks? The rest of you feel free to throw in your two cents on if you like the idea or dismiss it. I love this little concept that we do here with this but, with some of the effort some guys put in, it's a bit of a shame that sometimes their CD could fall into the ears of another poster it just doesn't click with and then that is that. I've thought before and what i was going to throw out there for feedback if i started this thread was to have a rolling CD swap for a designated period. So, rather than just send your CD to one person and receive one CD, once everyone has received theirs (plenty will copy whatever tracks they want and then never use the CD again) so how about once everyone has received one, everyone's name goes back in the randomizer and gets sent a new address and then pass on the CD they originally received to the next person. Yay, nay?

I like that, so its in.

For the small cost of PnP it sounds a winning idea.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I did intend to include my username on the track list, along with some notes on some/all of the songs. Is that allowed?

I don't see how its not allowed, I won't actively give out names for the risk of killing the mystic and getting a CD too tailored around what people think they will like which isn't the idea in my mind, but if you opt to with the CD that's your game I guess.

• Paid Members
For the small cost of PnP it sounds a winning idea.

You clearly work for Royal Mail.

I'd rather the second swap be purely voluntary / vote-in. If I like some of the tunes I'll need to rip them before passing it on.

• Paid Members
I did intend to include my username on the track list, along with some notes on some/all of the songs. Is that allowed?

I don't see how its not allowed, I won't actively give out names for the risk of killing the mystic and getting a CD too tailored around what people think they will like which isn't the idea in my mind, but if you opt to with the CD that's your game I guess.

Having thought about it a bit more, it might be more fun if people try to figure out who it is on here (especially with passing them on too), so I'll leave it off. Although some simple internet detective work will give mine away thanks to one particular track...

I'd rather do it without knowing as I'd rather get a cd of random music someone else loves than a disk full of tracks I'd probably already have and know. I've had some real good stuff from these before that I might not have found otherwise.

Hey guys, back from my suspension.

If I remember right, we ended up putting the same Porcupine Tree track on our CD's one year. I was really pleased with the disc I made that year, but now can't remember what I put on there in full

Archived