NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Undisputed Era are literally portraying the same characters they did on the indie scene.

For Cole and Strong I can see your point, but O'Reilly was playing the pseudo-MMA hardman right before he signed with WWE wasn't he? I'm not super familiar with what he did before that, admittedly, but his cocky heel persona in NXT (even his offensive repertoire remaining basically the same) is way better. 

• Paid Members

He was doing the cocky heel schtick in ROH for a while and he was unofficially known as 'Sleazy Kyle' in PWG. Dude has bags of character. He's also an incredible babyface with the right booking behind him. One of the loudest pops I have ever heard is KOR appearing out of the dark, Sabu style, during a tag match;

Skip to 5:20 for the biggest white meat babyface since my doubled-up turkey dinner at my local carvery last year. Look at that reaction and look at that fire. Incredible stuff. I hope they realise what they have over there in KOR.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

He was doing the cocky heel schtick in ROH for a while and he was unofficially known as 'Sleazy Kyle' in PWG. Dude has bags of character. He's also an incredible babyface with the right booking behind him. One of the loudest pops I have ever heard is KOR appearing out of the dark, Sabu style, during a tag match;

[video]

Skip to 5:20 for the biggest white meat babyface since my doubled-up turkey dinner at my local carvery last year. Look at that reaction and look at that fire. Incredible stuff. I hope they realise what they have over there in KOR.

O’Reilly’s tip through the ropes is a million times better than Dean’s, too.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I don’t think I’d ever want to attend an event at Full Sail in case I end up sat next to that distracting twat in the Everton shirt. Calm down, man!

Glad I’m not the only who hates that guy. He used to sit on the corner with his homemade Street Profits flag, and whenever they went into the crowd he used to chase them around with it in a “look at me! Look at me!” sort of way. Even when you can’t see him you hear him because he has to chant the loudest and when anything happens he has to be the one most affected by it. The only time I ever actually wanted to see him was when Ciampa won the belt...only he seemed to have run out of the building, probably crying crocodile tears, because he’d suddenly disappeared. There some lass next to him at these tapings who keeps doing the Home Alone face to absolutely everything.

Ohno’s promo was crap- “there used to be a lot of buzz about me, until there wasn’t any” has to be up there with “And starting this moment from now, from this moment on...this will be the moment...starting now...of the genesis...of McGuilicuty”

Gargano recovered from that dislocated knee pretty fucking quick. I was crutches for 2 months when I did the same thing, and my mate was on crutches for 3 months when he did his. Oh, and Gargano was made to look a gobshite again with his indecisiveness, I hope those chanting “Johnny failure!” are legit and not just being contrary. He’s been made to look an idiot so many times he’s practically Tommy Dreamer, Johnny Dreamer if you will

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

I love how important the women's title is looking right now. Kairi made an excellent job of linking it to her gimmick, and Shayna tossed it aside. You can tell Shayna wants it back badly. Such a small thing but really important. 

Ah yes, that’s the man who’s a huge fan of Velveteen Dream... by that, I mean he fans himself whenever he appears. 

But in general he is becoming more prominent in camera shot on the shows.

Edited by uklaw

can't wait until he takes a chokeslam on some indy show.

Keith Lee's music is shit. I have guys who I consider 'indy guys' in my head and ones who I consider 'WWE guys'. Keith definitely sits in the 'indy' category as much as I like him (him v Ishii in RevPro last year is either #1 or #2 match I've seen live) and think he'll probably need to show a lot more on the personality side to shine now WWE has workrate guys everywhere you look. I'm not always right though, Kyle O'Reilly I definitely thought 'indy guy', and he's been excellent. I always thought 'WWE guy' with Cole though and actually have high hopes for Era on the main roster, I think they can be a very, very big deal if presented well.The NXT UK show at Royal Albert Hall I went to, there was Era merch everywhere, I can easily see them on Rollins/Styles level in merch sales. The crowd roundly turned on Wolfgang against Cole in the NA title match too.

I do think there's a theme of dismissing the next big star on this thread sometimes, but it's interesting to see what the mostly fresh unbiased perspectives are on the incoming talent and look back. I remember Ciampa & Gargano being roundly shat on as complete anybodies before DIY got everyone on board with them.

As for this week's episode, I really enjoyed Gargano/Dream. I'm not that keen on "why is Johnny so crazy!???!?" angle but it was an engaging match. Dig the bit of direction for Ohno, should be leading to a Riddle programme which I am certainly up for. Ricochet/Dunne in a double title match is very interesting, I can only see some kind of fuck finish as they wouldn't make Ricochet a champ for 4 weeks with no defences and they wouldn't have Dunne drop his to an American before NXT UK kicks off, but I'm intrigued nonetheless

Edited by sj5522