NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The pudgy guy in the piper T-Shirt at the end of the Iron Man match sums up the Full Sail 'superfans', standing there po-faced giving it the thumbs down despite having seen the best women's match arguably of all time.

You've only got half the story there...

Ā 

From what I have heard, Sasha watched the match back as saw him standing there booing the finish (and thus showing total support for "The Boss") and the two are now dating. His plan worked. Slick's already lined up for the wedding. He knew exactly what he was doing.

The pudgy guy in the piper T-Shirt at the end of the Iron Man match sums up the Full Sail 'superfans', standing there po-faced giving it the thumbs down despite having seen the best women's match arguably of all time.

YES I noticed that complete nob too, like just leave the building son. If they were that 'smart' they'd figure Bayley would win anyway, could just leave after the tag tournament if that spoils his experience

Ā 

You've only got half the story there...

Ā 

From what I have heard, Sasha watched the match back as saw him standing there booing the finish (and thus showing total support for "The Boss") and the two are now dating. His plan worked. Slick's already lined up for the wedding. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Ā 

wait whaaaat? where'd you get that from? I feel sick..

Just saw that their going to start having specific on sale dates for tickets at Full Sail now.

Ā 

Previously they went on sale as soon as the current tapings ended, so all the people who were there would go and get tickets for the next set, meaning its pretty much mostly the same people.

Ā 

This new way will be set on sale dates so they're thinking/hoping more different people will get to attend than just the regulars. You'll still end up with the majority of regulars I suppose but it might change the atmosphere a bit.

One thing I'll say when it comes to Sasha/Bailey, which I really enjoyed and this point didn't effect my enjoyment in the slightest because I thought the match was great, but some of the sloppyness and little mistakes that aren't a big deal in the small environment with the fans willing to overlook stuff, will look a lot worse on the big stage (little stuff like the japanese armdrag and the horrible reverse sling blade Bailey did, as well as some of the whacky off the bottom rope elbow drop type moves). If Nikki Bella or Eva Marie did those things, people would shit on it in isolation. In NXT, because it's not in isolation, both have fair time to get their characters over, and fans have an emotional connection to the result, so these little things don't matter. In WWE, they won't have the fully developed characters or the built-in feeling of major importance that overrides the little stuff, and those little errors would look worse than they do here. Just an additional problem they might face on the main roster, unless they give them the same character treatment.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Yeah, that Japanese arm drag was really surprising as it was at the beginning of the match, so it's not like fatigue could be to blame. There was a slow motion replay later on and Sasha seems to get enough height, but then for some reason stops rotating in mid-air.

Ā 

Just really weird and also sobering at how dangerous wrestling is and how things can go wrong with relatively simple moves.

I think Eddie's tongue might be in his cheek there.

damn, I need to improve on being able to gauge that stuff haha. for an hour Iost all hope in humanity

• Paid Members

I'd forgotten about the Japanese armdrag, but at the time I really shit myself. For a minute I thought Sasha was injured, because she actually looked upset more so than in agony, suggesting that she'd felt a twinge and was worried that it could all be over just minutes into a thirty minute match. She got over it pretty quickly though. It's a rubbish looking move in the first place, so there's no need to be putting it in there.

• Paid Members

The 'Balor Club' entrance, with the leather jacket, is a hundred times better than the demon thing for me. He looks an absolute rock star like that, whereas in the make-up and cape or whatever it is he wears as the Demon he usually just looks a bit camp and silly. I like the idea of him doing something different for the big shows by wearing face paint, but he just loses cool points with me with the OTT gimmickry.

I wonder if the change is anything to do with the return of Demon Kane in the Seth Rollins storyline on the main shows. I'd be surprised if we see Demon Finn again for awhile, then it'll be more cool when he does do it again.

Loved the jacket, but I love the demon too. His entrance at Brooklyn was awesome too, maybe save for big arenas from now on. I think he was dressed like that just cos he was doing a couple tag matches rather than The Big Fight or something

• Paid Members

Loved the jacket, but I love the demon too. His entrance at Brooklyn was awesome too, maybe save for big arenas from now on. I think he was dressed like that just cos he was doing a couple tag matches rather than The Big Fight or something

I imagine it wouldn't look as good if he spent six hours getting the paint put on, only for it to smudge and come off in the first match.

Ā 

I think Eddie's tongue might be in his cheek there.

damn, I need to improve on being able to gauge that stuff haha. for an hour Iost all hope in humanity

Ā 

Sorry about that (though in fairness, if nothing else the "Slick" addition should have given it away).

Ā 

We noticed fat piper-shirt bloke giving it the thumbs-down like a depressed turd when watching the show and I laughed at his sad face, while my mate pointed out it might be a "cunning plan" to show Sasha that he's a true fan that believes in her and would be a great boyfriend/lover/advocate/stalker.

And here's hoping you're able to recapture the ability to use spoiler tags.

Ā 

If it hasn't aired yet, it's a spoiler

Ā 

Apologies.

Ā 

I too was going on the basis that its on the website, twitter etc so it was news. Pretty sure someone else didn't use the spoiler tag. Anyway, sorry dude.