NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
Bray Wyatt is fantastic! Genuinely looks and acts out of his mind. The song 'Broken out of love' by Mark Crozer and The Rels accompanies his rants perfectly as well. In FCW he's done promos to that song and its also worked a treat. I'm gutted to learn he's injured, how long is he out for?

Cheers for pointing out what the song is!! I love that tune, but wasn't sure if it was just something WWE had knocked up or not. Unfortunately Wyatt could be out for up to six months with his injury. Devastating for him.

I also liked Corey Graves. I liked Sterling James Keenan's work in 1PW and IWC and I'm glad he's grown his hair back and ditched the tight tights. They did not suit him.

I preferred him in wrestling tights. Despite being such a handsome devil, he's got a very ordinary physique so sending him out to the ring in ordinary-looking clothes makes him look even less like a big league wrestler. I like his team with Carter, but aside from both wearing jackets to the ring, the pair of them didn't look like a proper team on NXT. They should have matching tights, or a matching colour scheme at least.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Really odd show this week. The whole cut and paste format isn't really working for me. And the sound quality was awful.I guess it's hard for people to comment objectively as they'll know Ricky Knight, and he's a member, but if Paige wasn't British and his daughter, I think more people would be pointing out that she's not WWE diva material, to keep it polite. I thought the match was rubbish as well but I'm hardly a fan of the ladies wrestling so it's not a surprise. Not a lot else stood out. Bateman went down to Mahal who has no upside. Kidd went down to McGillicutty who's similar. Seeing Vader's son was cool and JR's commentary was neat for some of it. Don't enjoy Hunico and Camacho at all. Rollins looks decent. I thought Ohno looked OK too. Reminded me of Edge. He stands out because 90% of their new recruits are "jocks". They all look vaguely the same apart from the tattoos. Nice to see something a bit different. Wrestling wasn't up to much and the gimmick's shite but at least it's something, anything a bit different.

NXT title tournament at tonights taping

and spoilers

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dark match

* Alex Riley defeated Antonio Cesaro w/Aksana via the TKO.

Episode 1

* A video is shown featuring the participants in the NXT title tournament. They are Bo Dallas, Richie Steamboat, Jinder Mahal, Tyler Reks, Drew McIntyre, Michael McGillicutty and Justin Gabriel

* Richie Steamboat defeated Leo Kruger with the Sling Blade to advance in the tournament.

Big E. Langston squashed Adam Mercer.

* Raquel Diaz defeated Audrey Marie via Gory Bomb. After, Raquel drew an L on Audrey’s forehead with lipstick.

* Mike Dalton & Jason Jordan defeated Hunico & Camacho via Dalton countering Hunico tossing Dalton in the air towards Camacho for a powerbomb attempt, but Dalton countered the powerbomb with a hurricanrana pinfall.

* Seth Rollins defeated Drew McIntyre via the Blackout to advance to the semifinals of the tournament.

Episode 2

* Michael McGillicutty defeated Justin Gabriel via McGuillicutter to advance to the semifinals in the tournament.

* Kassius Ohno defeated CJ Parker via Rolling Elbow.

* Jinder Mahal defeated Bo Dallas via Camel Clutch to advance in the tournament.

Episode 3

* Paige & Tamina Snuka defeated Kaitlyn & Kaylee Turner via Small Package by Paige on Kaylee.

* Heath Slater came out to issue an open challenge which was answered by Orlando’s own Scotty Too Hotty

* Scotty Too Hotty defeated Heath Slater via The Worm.

* The Usos beat Kenneth Cameron & Conor O’Brian by DQ when Conar pushed one of the Usos of the top rope to the floor when he wasn’t the legal man. After, they hit Total Elimination on the other Uso.

* Jinder Mahal defeated Richie Steamboat via Camel Clutch to advance to the finals of the tournament.

* Seth Rollins defeated Michael McGillicutty via Blackout to advance to the finals of the NXT Championship Tournament.

* Afterwards, Jinder Mahal came out and stared at Rollins. Dusty came out and said the finals are set as Jinder attempted to attack Rollins but Rollins got the upperhand.

* Kane defeated Cody Rhodes via Chokeslam. Kane appeared to have tweaked his knee at some point during the match.

Notes

* Next taping is July 26th featuring the NXT Champion being crowned in a match between Seth Rollins & Jinder Mahal.

* Commentary did not seem to be going on for Kane/Cody so I’d assume that’s a dark match for the live crowd. Slater/Scotty might be as well seeing as Scotty is from here, but they may end up airing it due to the reception he received.

* Due to the way they have been airing the episodes, some matches may be on at different points than I am thinking they will air between the three. There is no real distinguishable stop time between episodes so I apologize if it is not 100% accurate.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Just watched last nights episode. Think this is the first ep of the second taping, with less matches and a bunch of promos in different formats, which is good. The sound quality is still awful, like the commentary is added in post production and they quieten the arena noise so you can hear the announcing. That makes it tough to invest in what's happening for me...

• Paid Members

I certainly think chunks of the commentary is added post-production - I noticed the commentary table was gone from the arena set-up in this weeks' taping 2 matches. Does raise the question therefore why they're still jumping around from lineup to lineup during a single episode - unless they've not settled on who they want announcing the shows and are throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I suppose equally it could be a tryout/development opportunity for the announcers as well as the in-ring talent - giving the likes of Saxton & Chris Russo (who I've been mildly impressed with in his short appearances) a chance to work with JR, Regal etc.

Anyone see enough in the latest Bray Wyatt vignette to work out who the laughing brunette sprawled on the tree branch was? Didn't really get a good look at her, but guessing Audrie Marie as the only brunette diva in FCW who isn't hispanic, black or Paige. Can't really decide if Bray needs an entourage, or if it would be awesome if they went with it. Obviously Brodie Lee was there, and I spotted Garrett Dylan (Kris Kristofferson's kid) too.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Bray Wyatt in his match, I thought he did a brilliant job translating his already interesting and creepy character into his in-ring work. I love seeing headcase wrestlers doing weird uneasy shit like that. So often these days wrestlers have a 'gimmick' but leave it as they enter the ring and become just another wrestler (The Fallen Angel anyone?), so it's good to see a persona really come across in his ring style too. Shame he's on the shelf.

Fucking hell, Kassius Ohno has the worst look I've ever seen for a wrestler in a major promotion. Now, I know that this isn't going out on TV in the States, but it is going out around the world. There ought to be some quality control. He looked an embarrassment. A podgy, lanky, trampy embarrassment.

Agreed, and his gimmick is the knockout punch which should he ever make it to the main roster will presumably have to go as that is The Big Show's gimmick.

Edited by bobby dazzler