Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
As others have mentioned this kind of madness is beyond me, but your reviews are a good read. Thanks for the work Richie Freebird.

Just wanted to echo this. I have no interest in ever watching a death match but have found this thread to be one of the best reads on UKFF this year, cheers Richie.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these saw matches legal? It seems like they're starting to really take things too far, stabbing someone with a knife is beyond what one could call wrestling and I was a huge CZW fan back in the day.

I have no idea about the legality of these events. I

Edited by Richie Freebird

First of all Great thread pal. Those reviews are class and I think im defo going to check out both Carnage Cups with the Saw matches!

Is there a minimum age for competing in this kinda match in the states? Surley no one under 18/21? And I also half remember something from the UK (possibly scotland?) About a deathmatch involving a schoolboy infront of like 20 people? Any idea on if that was on a paid show for a promotion or a one off for there friends to see who the craziest kid was?

Also guys just wondering what everyone would say was the sickest spot ever? Im struggling to think from the top of my head but that spot with the electric knife back in the thread looked grim!

• Paid Members

I'm not condoning it, but that stabbing incident sounds about on a par with the Kevin Sullivan / WING Kanemura incident from SMW about 20 years ago. Absolutely fucking ridiculous, all the same.

• Paid Members
It may be illegal to let children into these kinds of events though, which is something that does unfortunately happen.

i watched a highlight video of some random death match tournament yesterday, and i swear to go there were only about 30 young teens in attendance. It was by far the worst attended tournament ive seen footage of. I can't remember what it was called now, i'll try finding it.

Yeah, I'll add the love for Richie's work.

As for death matches being held. It depends on the state, Philadelphia has a state athletic commission which has certain rules and regularities in place, this is also why light-tubes and a few other things can no longer be used there.

For a long time, Delaware, home of CZW's Tournament Of Death, didn't have an athletic commission so as long as a promoter had insurance and liability insurance then all was fair game. This year though, TOD nearly didn't go ahead due to Delaware's new rules, AFAIK, everyone participating had to have a blood test done and have insurance.

Overall depending on the state and venues, each event is under certain regulations or none at all.

Edit: I did post pictures a few pages back which shown children underneath a rubble strewn ring from Carnage Cup 2012.

Edited by Rule One

Are these saw matches legal? It seems like they're starting to really take things too far, stabbing someone with a knife is beyond what one could call wrestling and I was a huge CZW fan back in the day.

I have no idea about the legality of these events. I

• Paid Members

Richie, to save me looking....you know what happened to any of the XPW death match guys? Supreme, Hardcore Jimmy, The Messiah, Angel etc? The 2nd XPW Deathmatch show was pretty cool too, any chance of a write up on that?

at least they have an audience :D

Edited by Ebb