Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The Grocery Store Deathmatch is actually my second favourite match of all time, so I can't tell you how incredibly delighted it would make me for you to review it.

 

I appreciate that I have terrible taste in favourite matches of all time, by the way.

Edited by Forrest
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
The Garbage Store Deathmatch is actually my second favourite match of all time, so I can't tell you how incredibly delighted it would make me for you to review it.

 

Garbage store? I take it this is a different one from the grocery store deathmatch I posted the cover art for on the previous page?

 

Give us the details of it (promotion, competitors etc) and if it

Posted (edited)

I meant Grocery Store. This thread's given me Garbage on the brain.

 

EDIT: Not that's a bad thing. :D

Edited by Forrest
Posted

Here's a compilation I found on Youtube the other day which might interest you Richie, I remember a fair few of these matches especially the one involving the flame-thrower in disc 1

 

BJW Blood & Death History

Dics 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25TfAmZ9c4...feature=related

 

Disc2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlWJOkPVVU...nel&list=UL

 

Disc3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se3aAZ4pBn4...nel&list=UL

 

Disc 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuDsKCcvoU...nel&list=UL

Posted

That looks fantastic Richie may have to check it out!

 

Just finished this years TOD and was very impressed. Was DJ Hyde seriously hurt as he rushed out of there pretty soon.

 

Hopefully my copy of the carnage cup 08 arrives today!

Posted
Was DJ Hyde seriously hurt as he rushed out of there pretty soon.

 

He caught a nasty wound to the arm pit after Lucky hit him with that light tube assisted top turnbuckle double stomp. After what happened with Nick Gage getting cut bad in the same area a couple of years ago DJ wasn

Posted

Yeah Gages arm was awful so I suppose they can't afford to take the chance.

 

Carnage Cup 08 turned up today so will thoroughly enjoy watching that this evening before the UFC!

Posted

Amazing! That's my day made! :D

 

It really is just the most fun match ever. Richie did a fantastic job of conveying the carnage, but the only way to live it is by watching the damn thing. The tear-jerker saga of the guy who cuts their arm (sad music and all), the guys hitting each other with obsolete consumer electronixs, the fucking Brass Band!

 

It also pinpoints the main fault, in my eyes, of American Deathmatches. I'm as big a fan of obese people being stabbed in the arm with box cutters as the next, but it just lacks the spark of creativity and insanity that the Japanese infuse their deathmatches with by putting them on an island, or the abandoned set of a family sitcom or an unsuspecting town market. In America. It's [weapon x], [weapon y] and Lighttubes for every match, but the Japanese promotions have fun with it, adding in bizarre effects, sad music and the like.

 

I'm really surprised there hasn't been an American fed that's tried to mimic the home-video random municipality deathmatch carnage, to be honest. They'd be shite at it, but I'm still surprised nonetheless.

Posted

I saw the 'Big Japan Shopping Mall Brawl' years ago and still have it on an old video tape gathering dust somewhere.

 

I guess the 'fighting in weird places' title must now go to Kota Ibushi. Recently bought a DVD of matches of his that take place in a book shop, in several shopping malls, in a street, at a funfair in the rain, in a forest and at some sort of concert.

 

Bizarre but truly unmissable - Ibushi doing a flying headscissors from a seated position off a swing is quite the sight to see.

Posted
I guess the 'fighting in weird places' title must now go to Kota Ibushi. Recently bought a DVD of matches of his that take place in a book shop, in several shopping malls, in a street, at a funfair in the rain, in a forest and at some sort of concert.

 

That sounds like a fantastic compilation! Do you know what it

  • Paid Members
Posted
Was DJ Hyde seriously hurt as he rushed out of there pretty soon.

 

He caught a nasty wound to the arm pit after Lucky hit him with that light tube assisted top turnbuckle double stomp. After what happened with Nick Gage getting cut bad in the same area a couple of years ago DJ wasn

×
×
  • Create New...