Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

Cheers for these reviews Richie boy, I enjoy them a lot. Unlike some of the other lads here they don't make me want to watch the shows, your reviews with the odd pic make me gag enough, don't think I could stomach watching the whole shows like I used to.

Is the saw II match the sickest one you've ever seen?

It

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

yeh, here's a quality Kasai highlight video The Crazy Monkey.

The CZW bump is around the 2.45 mark, it's brief. Kasai's splash finisher is great, ive never seen another wrestlers fall like they are a dead weight like Kasai, it's a strange splash but it looks f'n great.

yeh, here's a quality Kasai highlight video The Crazy Monkey.

The CZW bump is around the 2.45 mark, it's brief. Kasai's splash finisher is great, ive never seen another wrestlers fall like they are a dead weight like Kasai, it's a strange splash but it looks f'n great.

Yea I always enjoyed watching Kasai when I took a proper interest in the deathmatch scene. Other than watching TOD every year over the past few years I havent really seen much of it though, will have to try and get back into it properly.

I feel quite sorry for Kasai as half the stuff he's done, he's not particularly wanted to do but has been pretty much forced into it.

Also within BJPW he's had a lot of problems with Kojika (Who has strong links to the Yakuza.) and Ito (Who is in Kojika's ear and pretty much has the same contacts as him.) they've pretty much kept him down and I'm glad he's retiring.

On a not particularly interesting side note, I went through Kasai and a contact to try and buy the BJPW Tag-Team titles but was given the knock back because I didn't know then that Kojika was running things and the problems he faced.

Also the BJPW Independent Heavyweight title which Zandig took back to America and was used in CZW is now in the hands of a private collector, he told me it took him quite a few hours to remove all the blood and other fluids that laced the belt when he received it.

Interesting post Rule One. I didnt realise Kasai had been forced into a lot of that stuff. I suppose though it could be more widespread in the deathmatch scene than it would appear.

It's common place and practiced a lot in Japan, even in small dojo's where there is very little to gain. The American scene is generally hillbilly free-will, well that and the booze/drugs.

The American scene is generally hillbilly free-will, well that and the booze/drugs.

At the start of the 2011 Carnage Cup video there are about 6 minutes of promos from the entrants into the tournament. Some of them (Devon Moore etc) have been in a handful of these things before, and it

Thanks for the insight Richie, this is a great thread. I find deathmatch wrestling utterly fascinating. I don't like people being hurt but I find the mental tanacity of these guys mind-blowing and I just can't get my head round it.

I keep an eye on deathmatch stuff as wrestling in general has started to really bore me. I found this years ToD overall to be boring, and Carnage Cup seems exciting and disturbing which is the feeling I used to feel going into CZW's sickest annual event. Maybe I'll check that out soon.

My favourite deathmatch of recent times was Drake Younger vs Scottie Vorteckz vs xxOMGxx at TOD a few years ago with thumbtack kickpads which I found to be a harrowing experience.

Edited by Seratonin