Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Richie. I'd give you a big sloppy kiss if you'll do some reviews of The Stranglemania DVD's. I know ICP isn't your cup of tea, but it there's plenty of crazy shit in there and it's funny as hell too.

  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted
Richie. I'd give you a big sloppy kiss if you'll do some reviews of The Stranglemania DVD's. I know ICP isn't your cup of tea, but it there's plenty of crazy shit in there and it's funny as hell too.

 

He doesn't like them, Stu. I thought they were funny as fuck, personally.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Richie, you won't get any shit being thrown in the ring on the SM shows. All the matches are from KOTDM tournaments from Japan years ago and have the usual placid crowds that you would expect. This is made more entertaining when the matches inevitably spill out of the ring, sending the seemingly shit scared patrons into hysterics.

 

As usual though, there's plenty of kayfabe busting commentary from ICP. But I really can't see how that matters with these types of matches.

 

Just incase you're interested ;)

 

Stranglemania vol. 1. Part 1

Stranglemania vol. 2. Part 1

Edited by Silky Kisser
Posted

Like a few others have said i watched IWA MS, CZW and ECW since it started in 93 and IWA MS from the early days of the 90s and if need be aswell i could possibly provide some reviews if required.

 

As ive seen loads of Deathmatch Wrestling including all the ICP events aswell as the Slam TV shows and some more sicker stuff like Human Cockfighting, Aids Infected needle matches etc that did the rounds in the early 90s some crazy stuff :)

 

aswell as all the W*ng matches with Gypsy Joe, Jason the Terrible and others.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Richie, how about a run through some older stuff? i pretty much saw nothing after 2001.

 

Sounds good, yeah. I was actually thinking of doing one for ToD 2, after mentioning it and recommending it to a few people who have asked me for suggestions. The truck top spot from the Carnage Cup put it back into my mind, as this was the infamous event where Zandig and Nick Mondo went off the top of that roof and pretty much missed the tables.

I think the last TOD i watched, as a proper fan was 3.

Posted
Sounds good, yeah. I was actually thinking of doing one for ToD 2, after mentioning it and recommending it to a few people who have asked me for suggestions. The truck top spot from the Carnage Cup put it back into my mind, as this was the infamous event where Zandig and Nick Mondo went off the top of that roof and pretty much missed the tables.

I think the last TOD i watched, as a proper fan was 3.

 

So would you be interested in a review of number 2 if I can dig it out?

 

I think the next

Posted (edited)

IWA East Coast Masters of Pain 2008

 

iwa-eastcoast.jpg

 

I said I was going to get the 09 version of this event, but after examination, I preferred the lineups from 08, so here we go: the 2008 Masters of Pain deatmatch tournament from Charleston, West Virginia. Unfortunately the pictures aren

Edited by Richie Freebird
Posted (edited)

Round 2

 

Thumbtack Jack vs Necro Butcher

 

Cabin Fever was the name of the gimmick / stipulation in this fist semi final contest. For good reason too

Edited by Richie Freebird
Posted

Just started watching TOD 12 and first few matches are great. Thurteen took a beating but star of the show for me so far was Rory Mondo. Guy took an insane amount of punishment throughout his match. Three matches in and it's a great tournament so far!

Posted
Thurteen took a beating but star of the show for me so far was Rory Mondo. Guy took an insane amount of punishment throughout his match.

 

If you think he took a beating there you should see his match with Drake from the Cage of Death back in about November time. Younger really didn

Posted

Yeah they kept referencing that match, may try and get hold of it. Masada is a bad ass dude, I would hate to be in a ring with that guy.

×
×
  • Create New...