Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I don't think it was entirely gimmicked, I'm sure I saw it used in FMW by Mr Pogo on Masato Tanaka and cutting him badly.

Then again, Kanemura is the type of retard who wouldn't bother with something like that.

Tell me that grinder wasnt running?

It was indeed running for that spot. There was no need for it at all.

Yeah but does he actually do anything? I haven't seen Pondo since the early 2000's but all I remember him doing even back then was getting cut up a lot and bleeding but not really taking any big bumps (from the looks of it because he didn't know how to).

Right on. His act has pretty much always been the same. Get in the ring, get cut up, cut his opponent up and then twat them with the Stop sign. The deathmatch fans do seem to love him though!

What is that lighttube pylon shaped thing on the furthest away corner?

That's the miniature set of American football goalposts that I mentioned from the Neil Diamond Cutter vs American Kickboxer II match. It ended up smashed over AKB's head, and he was then back drop suplexed into the wreckage.

Last part of my pictorial review on the Carnage Cup here chaps, with a deathmatch rumble and the four way finals of this years gory extravaganza.

Fans Bring the Weapons: Deathmatch Rumble

5 competitors including Bryant Woods and a guy in pretty cool clown face paint came out for this

Ahhhh thanks for bringing that up...

Was that sickle thing a gimmicked weapon? I always use to think it was enterirely unconvincing.

Whenever I'd seen him use a sickle before he held it on the guys head and turned it in a circular motion for effect. On this occasion he just stabbed the guy though! Still remains the sickest thing I've seen in "wrestling" (excluding this thread and mass transit)!

• Paid Members

Richie, I'd also like to say thanks for these reviews you've been throwing up. Can't say I have any inclination to watch any of the shows, but reading the reviews (Albeit through my fingers,) has been fascinating. I can't believe people are doing this shit to themselves.

I'll add to the thanks for these reviews. The pictures especially although some are pretty rank, they're great to have a pop in here to have a gander at. The grinder especially surprised me, but you've made me want to see it (im not paying though) :)

• Paid Members
Yeah but does he actually do anything? I haven't seen Pondo since the early 2000's but all I remember him doing even back then was getting cut up a lot and bleeding but not really taking any big bumps (from the looks of it because he didn't know how to).

I got time for Pondo.

He's probably the only American who made a career out of just being a strictly deathmatch wrestler outside of the few guys that had big promotion experience. I aint saying Pondo made money or anything, but he'd basically been able to tour the world based on what he does, he deserves some credit for that. His actual act is pretty basic, i think he's safe in regards to not really doing massive bumps that may injure him, he'll bleed with the best of them but he avoids the real insane bumps and it's probably why's he stayed in the game so long.

Pondo.jpg

bless him

Richie, how about a run through some older stuff? i pretty much saw nothing after 2001.

Sounds good, yeah. I was actually thinking of doing one for ToD 2, after mentioning it and recommending it to a few people who have asked me for suggestions. The truck top spot from the Carnage Cup put it back into my mind, as this was the infamous event where Zandig and Nick Mondo went off the top of that roof and pretty much missed the tables.