Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen loads of the JR Benson events and interviews and segments he was in XPW and other shows he is one mad wrestler,valet,Manager indeed some bumps and matches he had that ive seen were crazy.

This is an interesting little article i found.

Etremely Strange Wrestling!

This J.R. Benson fella begins to interest me

Benson was the guy who pretty much got Crash Holly signed by the WWF. When Cornette was working in talent relations, Benson sent him a video of Vic Grimes doing various stuff from APW and this prompted them to offer him a tryout, where he was able to choose his own opponent. Having worked with Erin O'Grady (Crash) a fair bit and cause he would take his moves he chose him, and Crash got signed on the back of that match.

• Paid Members

that match made waves when it happened, it was getting the whole 'sickest match ever' treatment. I loved it, it's definitly one of my favorite death matches. Jun Kasai was fucking awesome. What's he upto these days??

that match made waves when it happened, it was getting the whole 'sickest match ever' treatment. I loved it, it's definitly one of my favorite death matches. Jun Kasai was fucking awesome. What's he upto these days??

I remember that match aswell when it happen. Was one of the reason CZW got talked about so much back in that era. Still pretty crazy to this day for what it is.

Jun Kasai is working with Freedom & Big Japan for awhile now. Last really high profile match he had was against Ryuji Ito in late 09 as the main event, where he also jumped off the balcony at Korakuen Hall. He is mainly in the middle card of the Big Japan shows and in the top card of Freedom shows which is a smaller promotion then Big Japan and mainly run Shinkiba 1st ring (holds about 300 people) and a few times a year they run Korakuen Hall. He never held BJPW main death match title as back in 01/02 when he quit the promotion and went into Zero 1 saying he wasnt going to do deathmatches anymore. When he finally went back to BJPW a few years later, I guess the promoter never forgave him for quitting the promotion when he was getting big as the headliner of BJPW back in 01/02 so he was always since returning almost never higher then lower to midcard of the shows.

He has deicided to hang it up and retire on Freedom at Korakuen late next month.

Id Love it if u reviewed the Best of Onita Collection i have watched that tape so many times when i got it from Strong Style Releases a long time ago thats gotta be worth a mention on here :)

• Paid Members

Cheers for these reviews Richie boy, I enjoy them a lot. Unlike some of the other lads here they don't make me want to watch the shows, your reviews with the odd pic make me gag enough, don't think I could stomach watching the whole shows like I used to.

Is the saw II match the sickest one you've ever seen?