Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry bout the Review richie i guess only i would appreciate it, i have some spare deathmatch shows u may not have like :

Strangehold Deathmatch Tournament & UWA Deathmatch Tournament

Ill dig them out if u wanted them

Richie, have you seen either the Big Japan Shopping Mall Brawl or the IWA (Japan) Bath House Match?

I've tried to find them streaming online but no luck (though the Bath-house match can be downloaded from XWT). I remember getting them through the old tape-traders back in the day - mad as fuck and probably essential viewing for anyone who likes the weird deathmatch stuff and it's variations.

For those who have never heard of them...

The Shopping Mall Brawl starts as an exhibition in a town square, but things get out of hand and before you know it there is a mass brawl going through shops and stalls, all with added sound-effects and a brass band following the action around.

The bath-house match features wrestlers having to tag in and out from a hot-tub (that keeps getting hotter and HOTTER!!!!), and every time a pinfall is made, the wrestlers run into the women's part of the public bath-house sending nude women running about the place. I believe it's The Headhunters, Tarzan Goto and Dan Severn.

Some of the IWA Japan Matches i used to love as a tape trader like the Feud with Headhunter A & B and there deathmatches were just bloody matches to say the least

You may have richie actually i cant remember it was a while ago and if u havent already picked up maybe pick up IWA Legacy of Violence that is a great dvd to review :)

• Paid Members

I always remember KOTDM 2001 for Peter B Beautiful almost being murdered by Ian Rotten. Insane, brutal shoot beating. Riche I'd recommend you watch IWA Mid South King of the Deathmatches 2003 if you haven't seen it yet. Insanely fun tournament. In fact, I'd love you to eventually do reviews for quite a few IWA Mid South KOTDM tournaments whenever you got the time and willpower. They've always been my favourite tournament of the style for some reason and the 2003 one in particular is just a total blast from start to finish. I really need to check out Carnage Cup.