Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I didn't know which thread would be best to discuss this so I thought I would start here as I know you guys are more in the know about the deathmatches and what not.

Ive just watched 'The Mike Levy incident' after seeing it mentioned on Wrestlezone.com. I haven't heard of it before so gave it a watch and while the match itself was abit hard to watch, what happened after the match actually turned my stomache and was a real watch through the cracks of your fingers moment. Mike Levy (Im totally unaware who this guy is) gets totally messed up to the point that you actually think he might end up with serious long term damage. Those Kerb-stomps were horrendous and the suplex onto the legs of the commode made me actually think he may get impaled.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the whole story of why he got that kind of beating? I understand he was no selling some of Mickie Knuckles (who I only know slightly from her 'Moose' days in TNA) offence but the promo after the match was giving the impression that this was premeditated.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just thought that you guys in here may know abit more on the story.

EDIT: After Googling the incident, there are some comments saying that it was all a work. Personally it doesnt look to me like a work but is there any truth to this?

Edited by Nick James

@Nick James:

It was more than premeditated. Mike Levy wrestled (Use the term loosely.) for a few small independents and always wanted to be a death match star, he built himself up by doing promos and general making an arse of himself about wanting to do a death match tournament. A campaign was started through some of the boards (CZWFans IIRC was the main one.) and Ian Rotten brought him in because he's a cheap scumbag.

On the day of the tournament, Levy was slightly annoying backstage to say the least and again was making a bit of an arse about himself. On the way to the ring (If you've seen the full episode.) Ian Rotten whispers into Mickie Knuckles ear, obviously it wasn't something nice and the result was what you saw.

After the match everyone was pissed and wanted to 'teach' Levy a lesson and I suppose in some ways they did. It sickened me that Ian Rotten allowed his then pre-teen son to whack Levy with a cane (IIRC) whilst Levy was clearly not with it.

Levy had the chance to file charges against Ian Rotten and company but chose not to. After that, all parties decided to call it a 'work' and move on from the situation. Devon Moore has stated that he is sorry for the whole episodes and admitted that he was wrong in what he had done.

Someone should write a thread on the supreme douche-bag that is Ian Rotten, his story isn't worth telling as such but the amount of sleaze is mountain like.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that the guy who cut the promo against Levy whisper something to Knuckles but has no idea that was Ian Rotton.

I watched the whole match and it truly was sickening. How I hadn't heard of it previously I havent got a clue.

How anyone could go to the extent they did with another human being, whether it be in the 'Deathmatch' setting or not is just horrible and the 'fans' you can hear on camera toward the end saying ''This is the greatest thing ive ever seen'' shouldn't be allowed out in public.

• Paid Members

Whilst having a drink or two the other day I had a rummage through my "to watch" boxes and found a disc I think I got free in a bundle back in 2007 which is all Cactus Jack in IWA Japan.

I watched the first few including a great barb wire match with funk which is really enjoyable, structured and still spontaneous and bat shit mental.

There was also a tag match with Cactus and Leather-face against two chaps in tracksuits who did amazing head buts. Leather-face is great until the match starts where he looks completely lost.

• Paid Members

The beating went well over "teaching him a lesson" as he headbutted Mickie Knuckles full on in the forehead, leaving a lump. This pissed Ian off as Mickie was doing something for TNA in the following days.

Supposedly Mike Levy was talked out of pressing charges, as they all heaped praise on him and told him he'd put the angle over well, and that there'd be a rematch. As Levy was such a huge mark for himself, he bought this.

Tangled web deathmatch

DJ Hyde vs Matt Tremont

This was the main event of Tangled Web 5 last weekend.

The gimmick set up was scary enough to look at before the action got going. Loads of cage sections wrapped in barbed wire laid out on top of the ropes, complete with wooden constructions holding parts of the disassembled cage up. Barbed wire tables and bats also lay in waiting for the hell that was about to go down in the combat zone.

c1.jpg

Bulldozer ready to hit the ring

Within minutes of the bell, the men were fiercely brawling around ringside, stapling dollars to each others heads and bodies. Hyde wore 4 or 5 in the face, and then returned the favour by decorating Tremont thus.

c2.jpg

Mow money, mow problems

c3.jpg

Bleed bitch...

c4.jpg

Bleed

The two continued to smash the living shit out of each other with stop signs, kendo sticks, chairs and barbed wire bats as they made their way into the garbage strewn ring following the staple gun fight at ringside. Both men were gashed open in the face and juicing heavily by this (still early) point in the contest. You could feel that this one was slowly building into a modern deathmatch classic, even at this point. Tremont seemed to have completely lost it when he repeatedly head butted the barbed wire bat into Hyde

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Richie, do you know anything about this match:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6NK1X_5oo

I've seen conflicting reports about The Sheik's condition after this match with some suggesting that it even put him in a coma for a while. Any knowledge about what went down with this?

He was hospitalised but not as serious as made out. Everything was exaggerated to make them look like the most dangerous wrestlers around.

The best one was Onita winning a match and jumping into a river afterwards, it was so dirty he contracted toxic shock syndrome and was pretty ill with it.

• Paid Members
He was hospitalised but not as serious as made out. Everything was exaggerated to make them look like the most dangerous wrestlers around.

The best one was Onita winning a match and jumping into a river afterwards, it was so dirty he contracted toxic shock syndrome and was pretty ill with it.

Cheers, I suspected it wasn't all that serious. What a stupid match.

What's the story with this Onita / river thing? What was the gimmick in that match and where was it staged?

Cheers, I suspected it wasn't all that serious. What a stupid match.

What's the story with this Onita / river thing? What was the gimmick in that match and where was it staged?

If I can find the tape, I'll get it out and go through it. I really can't remember too much about it, the last time I watched it was 2002/3. Onita had won a match with Sambo Asako Toan against Sabu and Horace boulder. The match was from early 1993. It was a standard fare FMW deathmatch as such. The river played no part in the match and was a spur in the moment thing by Onita, he spent a while in and out of hospital and lost a shit load of weight.

• Paid Members
The beating went well over "teaching him a lesson" as he headbutted Mickie Knuckles full on in the forehead, leaving a lump. This pissed Ian off as Mickie was doing something for TNA in the following days.

Yeah I remember reading that everyone in the back was pissed off because Mickie had a lump on her head which would have caused problems with her TNA gig. But then that just goes to show you what fucking retards everyone involved in it was because why would Mickie jeopardise a paying gig with TNA to be in a deathmatch tournament in the first place?! The whole thing is complete idiocy.

Yeah I remember reading that everyone in the back was pissed off because Mickie had a lump on her head which would have caused problems with her TNA gig. But then that just goes to show you what fucking retards everyone involved in it was because why would Mickie jeopardise a paying gig with TNA to be in a deathmatch tournament in the first place?! The whole thing is complete idiocy.

Was it her that went on Jerry Springer? Recall her and Scott Vortex having a staged brawl on that show.