Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some joy regarding finding some death match dvd's so will have a look at what to order later on this evening. I dont really know where to start tho as all i have really seen is the iwa king of death match tournament (with cactus jack v terry funk in some exploding barb wire shit which was mental) and i had a cactus jack in death matches vhs compilation but it was such a long time ago i cant remember much about it.

Another tape i had which was an overrated anti-climax clusterfuck of a thing was a tape called 'matsunaga v a crocodile' and there were some nuts matches on there, i think you had a net made out of barbed wire covering the ring and the wrestlers were throwing each other all over the place. The main event was an anti climax where basically they had a heavily sedated baby crocodile in the ring and this guy (i guess was matsunaga) came in, picked the croc up by its tail, put it in a coffin, said something in japanese which everyone laughed at and it ended. All i can remember is thinking you bastard! I paid

Former WWE star Kenzo Suzuki works an Exploding Barbed Wire Match.

http://youtu.be/9d5msYdMCOE

Genki Horiguchi and Masato Yoshino face Teddy Hart and MDogg 20 in an Exploding Cage Time Bomb Match

http://youtu.be/EMqMGIdUlO4

....and which is the more gratuitous, you decide,

Sabu v Abyss, Barbed Wire Massacre Match -

OR

Sabu v Terry Funk, No-Ropes Barbed Wire Match - http://youtu.be/eMEQ5XnqupA

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Bit of deathmatch news for everybody who hasn't heard -

IWA EC Masters of Pain 2012 should be released by Smart Mark Video any day now (if not already).

IWA Midwest are promoting a one day deathmatch tournament in November, called the King of Carnage. Already announced for that are Devon Moore, Matt Tremont, Masada and Sexxxy Eddie. This have already ran a few shows this year, and look to pretty much be the new IWA:MS. The shows are just gathering dust on my desk at the moment, I really should get round to watching them as Matt Tremont and Ian Rotten have been beating the fuck out of eachother apparently.

CZW are teaming up with WXW and I guess BJPW for the first ever Tournament of Death Europe, which will be held in Germany on November 4th. Already announced for this is Matt Tremont, DJ Hyde, Jimmy Havoc & Mike Schwarz.

• Paid Members
IWA Midwest are promoting a one day deathmatch tournament in November, called the King of Carnage. Already announced for that are Devon Moore, Matt Tremont, Masada and Sexxxy Eddie. This have already ran a few shows this year, and look to pretty much be the new IWA:MS. The shows are just gathering dust on my desk at the moment, I really should get round to watching them as Matt Tremont and Ian Rotten have been beating the fuck out of eachother apparently.

That sounds brilliant too, some decent names in there. I actually thought Eddie had packed it all in these days. Has IWA Midwest just taken over from Mid South left off these days then? I haven

• Paid Members

Yeah I guess it is a IWA MS rebirth if you like. Ian Rotten has his hands all over it, but I have a feeling its a different booker to IWA MS (whos name escapes me at the mo). Not that a booker makes much difference on small indy shows! I'll do some more research tonight at home and let you know.

I have just finished Best of the Best 11 (awesome show by the way) so only a few shows to go until I get to TOD 11 and then another few to get to the tangled web match. Im desperate to get into the CZW thread but I want to avoid spoilers. Should hopefully be up to date soon.

There is another TOD type show? Whaaaa?