Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Inter-promotional challenge match

 

Wifebeater & Zandig vs Sandman & Raven

 

That was an awesome match man. It was moderately hardcore yet was a pretty fun match to watch and didn't have that morbid feel that a lot Deathmatches have (I do kind of dig the morbid feel but for different reasons) and most importantly it had some very marginal "star power" to.

 

I always wondered how the old ECW stars would fare with the CZW style and this was a pretty good balance between the promotions.......

  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

oh yeh, i kinda remember that now. I was following XPW pretty much full on at that point, the whole moving to the Arena thing was great when it happened. I know 95% of ECW fans hated XPW, but for me they plugged that gap. I was f'n devastated when ECW folded and i wanted something in it's place, it was XPW for me. I watched lots of indy stuff, but witht the TV show and stuff, it was XPW i followed most. I used to get a VHS through the door every month or so with 4 episodes on crammed on there and i'd bash through them, i enjoyed it.

 

Some fucker had to like it.

Posted

I have to say, the only reason i went to that XPW show was because the guy i was traveling with had not been to the old ECW Arena and wanted to. We had first planned to go to an RoH show that same night, but fancied the idea of catching the Arena show instead. It actually turned out to be fun, and a good way of seeing a fair few ECW guys that I hadn't at that time seen. Candito, Sunny (looking well rough), Psychosis, Chris Hamrick, The Franchise etc... It was also cool to see Joey Styles there. The DVD is total shite though, bad production, heavily cut matches and missed out loads of whole fights too.

Posted

How Angel and Supreme never killed themselves with the stuff they did, amazes me. Even before Angel really wrestled him, Supreme is lucky he never died with the daft stuff he did.

 

Their match at XPW Hostile Takeover (XPW's first east coast show and from the ECW arena.) was brutal:

 

The month before they were in the finals of XPW's King Of The Deathmatch 3 and Angel took a very high scaffold bump into an exploding table filled ring.

(See the first minute and a half.)

 

You had the crazy bumps from Fall Out and then a few months later/early 2003 at one of XPW's final shows this happened:

Angel Thrown Off A High Balcony

 

By all accounts, Lester/Supreme is a real nice guy.

Posted
I remember quite enjoying that when I watched it, though it's hard for me not to love anything Funk does. Not outstanding or ground breaking but great fun.

 

Sorry about the lack of the promised write up last night, I ended up busy until very late. I haven

  • Paid Members
Posted

Who is that stupid cunt who keeps screaming on those XPW videos? I don't think I've ever hated anyone more in my whole life.

Posted
Who is that stupid cunt who keeps screaming on those XPW videos? I don't think I've ever hated anyone more in my whole life.

Kris Kloss there version of Joey Styles. Every high spot gets the scream its a bit irritating after the first couple of times you heard it

×
×
  • Create New...