WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Been thinking about what might open the show. Obviously we don't have all the card yet, but I was pondering the possibility of one of the marquee matches opening like they did with last years.

I actually considered how great it might be if they opened with HIAC. It puts that and Rock/Cena as far away from each other as possible on the card which can only be a good thing, considering that they will be the two hottest matches with the crowd. Admittedly, having to follow it second on would be tricky, but then you could stick something relatively insignificant on after so it won't suffer with a quiet crowd.

And speaking of quiet crowds, that makes me think Punk/Jericho is the perfect opening match. The crowd will probably be popping for everything, and the excitement of the WWE Title match happening RIGHTNOWOMG will help deal with the boring portions.

EDIT: Interesting interview with Shawn too. Though I never ever want him to come back, I love the lingering sense of tension that has existed between him and HHH since Hunter got in on the streak stuff. It can be used to tell some nice little stories whether Michaels is involved in the match or not. Pitch perfect work from Shawn as usual too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was thinking they would open with MITB and then I realised they don't have it at Wrestlemania any more. I think it's possible they will open with Punk / Jericho, I don't think they will stick the WHC match on first two years running.

I was thinking they would open with MITB and then I realised they don't have it at Wrestlemania any more. I think it's possible they will open with Punk / Jericho, I don't think they will stick the WHC match on first two years running.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do add MITB seeing as the PPV has been scrapped this year.

• Paid Members
Opening the show with Johnny Ace would get the crowd pumped. Mr Excitement!

tumblr_lzs49nPfRL1qdkrl2o2_250.gif

Doing that for ten minutes.

By the way Raw is going (and Smackdown), it looks like they're doing a 3 way for the tag belts. After Ace finished doing his jig, do that match to calm the crowd down again.

I can see them sandwiching the WWE title match between the HIAC and the main event (with maybe a segment/Diva match to break the three matches up a bit).

• Paid Members

Khama looks like she's off the card as well. She's apparently not recovered from her pregnancy fully (now's the time to strike, Bubba Clem). From whats been said in the usually places, it looks like there might be no women's match on the actual card this year, unless they do bring Trish Stratus in. Surely if they want a woman on the show, they could shovel Eve and the Bellas into a 30 second angle while the Cell comes down or some shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do add MITB seeing as the PPV has been scrapped this year.

No it hasn't. It's back on.

Archived