Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Anthony Jeselnik is my favourite comedian at the moment, based on the two Netflix specials he’s done.

I thought he was absolutely terrible but I have enjoyed a few tits coming on my Letterboxd when I called him shit telling me I'm misunderstanding him, so I might watch his other one for more such fun.

21 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I thought he was absolutely terrible but I have enjoyed a few tits coming on my Letterboxd when I called him shit telling me I'm misunderstanding him, so I might watch his other one for more such fun.

Stick to the Apollo, you Michael McIntyre mark. Real comedy fans appreciate workers like Jeselnik.

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

James Acaster's Repertoire was some is the best stand-up I've ever seen

Do what I do and watch it every couple of months. It's just faultless. 

Going to see him in a month. Might explode. 

7 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Do what I do and watch it every couple of months. It's just faultless. 

Going to see him in a month. Might explode. 

I read his new book, Perfect Sound Whatever, on Friday and it's brilliant if you're a big music nerd or like hearing people relive a breakdown. It's made me realise I need to watch Repertoire again as I've only watched it twice.

• Moderators

I think it's worth watching all of repertoire if you're on the fence but enjoying it at least a bit. Because it all ties together brilliantly and really makes you appreciate the quality of the writing.

There's a reason these guys are talking about rewatches; it really is objectively masterful writing whether you find him funny or not.

Edited by Chest Rockwell