Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

That's what the creative team and road agents are for though surely. To work with the talent to find their strengths, utilise them, hide their weaknesses so that they are actually of some use as opposed to dead weight.

Nail on the head. Not everyone can have loads of TV time, that's understood, but there's a lot of guys who would benefit greatly from just a smidge of creative input and investment.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had much of an insight to a road agent's typical day. Sometimes I feel as though people like Kidd are having to improve themselves by themselves, which is difficult when everyone else can see what's wrong except you. It's counter productive. I know this is an over-used phrase, but when Heyman said about accentuating the positives, he was right. It'd make the whole card more interesting too. I'm sure they get advice from other wrestlers but I don't know how hands on it is.

That's what the creative team and road agents are for though surely. To work with the talent to find their strengths, utilise them, hide their weaknesses so that they are actually of some use as opposed to dead weight.

They have had a good go, though, so fair play to them. Tyson Kidd's strengths are "have a competent wrestling match on a show where people aren't expected to watch" and "being small enough to take Sin Cara's top rope C4 finisher" and the creative team have utilised both of those pretty well. They mostly hide his weaknesses by keeping him from a microphone, too.

• Paid Members

WWE tried to give him a couple of managers (most notably, a brother), but nobody cares. People need to realise that not every wrestler can be a big star. Someone like Tyson Kidd is perfect for the role the Princess just described. He's a solid worker, in the ring, but currently lacks the charisma to be something more. Sure, WWE can do better with almost all of its roster, but if I was going to give TV time to a future superstar, Tyson Kidd would be low down on that list.

To be fair, Tyson Kidd was one of about 8 or 9 people that they guy mentioned as people who could do with the TV time over Ross and Cole. That's a fair point that I agree with, even if Tyson wasn't a great example of that for some people.

It's fair enough that WWE know that Cole/JR are strong TV characters and their segments do well, but that doesn't mean their segments need to last a full 15 minutes of talking and bullshit. It's so repetitive and dull, and even the announcers bury the segments as being "horrible" to watch. They could still carry on the feud without taking up so much TV time. For me it felt worse than normal this week, as the Slammy element meant that this show was going to have loads of talk anyway!

But Brodus beating a jobber would be a rubbish debut if they're going to try to make a big deal of him.

A bit behind on this thread but that bit there sums up why its a smart idea to keep him off for every extra week they can. When he does debut one of 2 things will happen:

1) He'll rise up the card quickly because he's a big guy and you believe he can crush people because of his size even if his ability isn't all it could be, and with Mark Henry at the top of the card already playing the dominant massive guy at the top can you really afford to do that on both brands, especially when the line between them is more blurred than ever and there hasn't been a Raw or Smackdown in months with sinlge brand talent?

2) Big guy comes in squashes a few guys, pisses around with no direction for a few works with Eli Cottonwood in FCW for a month before his indy debut v Viscera.

I don't think anyone actually believes Henry will be main eventing once his title run ends, or he will still be champion at Mania so every week Brodus is kept off TV means one less week where he will have to beat a jobber, doing nothing for him before theres room for him to move up.

• Moderators
I don't think anyone actually believes Henry will be main eventing once his title run ends, or he will still be champion at Mania

I actually wholeheartedly do. Smackdown's been a critical and ratings success since he's been it's top dog so I doubt they're going to move him too far out of the main even picture when he does lose the title, and I can definitely that title loss being at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

Butch is spot on. Smackdown is getting around 3 million viewers each week, SDs biggest numbers in years and this all coincided with Henry's title run. WWE are gearing Henry for a big babyface run, post-Mania too. You can argue he's the biggest star WWE have 'made' since Jeff Hardy and their biggest heel since Randy Orton won the title. Why WWE would shit on a guy they've spent months booking like an absolute alpha? He's not The Miz, people are tuning in for Henry and WWE aren't half arseing the booking of him.

Archived