Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As ButchReedMark says Mark Henry has been brilliant this year I mean Mark Henry has sure got to be a contender for wrestler of the year.

You have wrestlers like Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler etc but hey who needs them when you can have Mark Henry who is so much more exciting to watch and whose matches leave you wanting more week in week out.

As ButchReedMark says Mark Henry has been brilliant this year I mean Mark Henry has sure got to be a contender for wrestler of the year.

You have wrestlers like Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler etc but hey who needs them when you can have Mark Henry who is so much more exciting to watch and whose matches leave you wanting more week in week out.

Out of that list, Punk is in the RAW main event at TLC so that's moot; Ziggler and Bryan are solid mid-carders who are making their way up the ladder, so that's not relevant; Kidd, Swagger and Bourne might be technically better than Henry (but it's apple and oranges, Henry would never work their style even if he could, and vice versa) but in terms of character, personality and mic-work? Henry has every one of them beaten.

I know that you can say it's all a matter of opinion, but when your opinion is moronic and closed-minded, then I have to conclude you're a closed-minded moron.

• Moderators

You absolute donkey.

It depends what your peception of wrestling is, doesn't it? If you think it's just having technically sound matches that go a long time then Henry's not for you. If you like a bit of variety and aren't so close minded as to dislike Henry for being unable to do a roll then nip up from a wristlock presumably, then you might appreciate how he's been built and how he's handled it.

I like to watch a match with well executed holds and reversals as much as the next man (so long as it's not convoluted) but you need variety. I couldn't stand watching a show solely based on 'wrestling' and no characters (ROH). Henry, and the booking of Henry, has been a breath of fresh air.

• Paid Members

I hope your arse falls off.

Maybe someone should upload an actual recording of Henrys promo for the Smackdown taping.

Who has Henry faced on these PPV showings? Orton. A guy who can have a capable match with 99% of people, and Big Show where a small amount of wrestling was required and the actual brawl spots have been the main spots to hide thier weakneses. Again I'm not saying Henry hasn't done a good job in the role this year which some people seem to be ignoring, but I am sayine once he drops the belt it'll be hard to find a role for him. He rarely speaks in front of the crowd on PPV and I'd be betting his backstage promos are pre-tapes so a brand switch to Raw would be out of the question if they were to feature him heavily, & yes he does look beatable now because he's been selling injuries for a while, 1) to hide his weaknesses in the ring & 2) to give the impression that a face might beat him, but they still don't making him look even more impressive when he does win. I still say when that loss does come and it takes away that unstoppable aura there isn't much you can do with him, unless he's only lost because hes been injured but theres only so many times you can pull that off too but what do I know I'm just a downright no no who hasn't rattled off a list of other forums where people are saying the same things as me. *Slaps his wrist for having his own oppinion*

• Moderators

Orton didn't fucking carry Henry though. As I made clear in my last post it wasn't one way traffic like Flair vs Gigante or something.

Big Show where a small amount of wrestling was required

And what exactly *IS* Wrestling then? They were decent enough matches with Show as well. Get over it.

Again you say you're betting his promos are pre tapes. How would you know this? If his promos are soi shit they have to be recorded how come he delivers strong ones on Live TV on Raw, and on Live PPV.

What would YOU do with him?

You're not being objective at all. You just don't like him and you're letting that cloud your judgement. I mean if we're just going to assume and guess everything like your obsession with pre-tapes and editing, I'm going to assume you don't like Mark Henry because he's black. It's about as much based in fact as your guesswork. And you can stop being a fly cunt as well.

Orton didn't fucking carry Henry though. As I made clear in my last post it wasn't one way traffic like Flair vs Gigante or something.

Big Show where a small amount of wrestling was required

And what exactly *IS* Wrestling then? They were decent enough matches with Show as well. Get over it.

Again you say you're betting his promos are pre tapes. How would you know this? If his promos are soi shit they have to be recorded how come he delivers strong ones on Live TV on Raw, and on Live PPV.

What would YOU do with him?

You're not being objective at all. You just don't like him and you're letting that cloud your judgement. I mean if we're just going to assume and guess everything like your obsession with pre-tapes and editing, I'm going to assume you don't like Mark Henry because he's black. It's about as much based in fact as your guesswork. And you can stop being a fly cunt as well.

Ok I'll happily take my ban for this but what a complete and utter fucking twat you are. No I don't like Mark Henry but no it's not because he's black and I'm offended by being accused of being racist. In wrestling alone 2 of my favourites are Shelton Benjamin and R-Truth. Patrice Evra is my favourite player in the United team at the moment and I have friends who are black, Asian and Chinese and I'm pretty sure none of them would have accusations of me being racist.

If you take your head out of your arse for 2 seconds you would see I did say I guessed his backstage promos were pre-tapes didn't say it was fact but his Smackdown one over hear was retaped because he screwed it up a few times and it isn't the only one of his, that is a fact and you can't argue it when its there for everyone to see.

Again I have said Mark Henry has done a good job in the role and has been a solid main eventer but I don't like him because he's done 1 role well in 13 years and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who doesn't rate him for this and my view is based on what has happened on every other guy who has played this role in wrestling history.

This is all I'm saying on the Mark Henry subject but as for you, you arrogant little shit, read my posts again I put my view across and gave my reasons for my views, no personal attacks and you becaused I dared disagree with you called me a cunt and a racist. What a twat. As I said if a mod wants to ban me for these comments then feel free but I believe I have every right to react to his comments.

• Paid Members

He didn't "imply" anything. He outrighted stated your claims were baseless, (which they are) and then said that calling you racist would be just as baseless.

He's saying something comparably absurd and baseless as some of your points. Noone is actually calling you racist.

Archived