Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never suggested "young guyz" - your presumption is wrong. Also, why do you keep talking as though you can represent everyone? You saying "not a person in the world" and "nobody wants to watch" doesn't make it true dude.

Yes it does. Anybody who thinks Tyson Kidd is of great interest isn't a person.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about Kidd being associated with the Harts, and I certainly don't want to see London/Benjamin in the main event at Wrestlemania, and I don't think he's bland, in fact you could even say I give a fraction of a fuck about him.

You're either lying about at least two of those things, or you got on well with him at an indie show once.

For this show with the opening slot, they've taken a slot that would be better used by main eventers so I agree with that. I have a bad memory but I'm sure they don't typically take that spot though. They've taken slots in the middle of the show that isn't necessarily the ideal time to have a main eventer on screen.

There are generally three main event spots on Raw -- the top of the show, the midpoint, and the end (or in a three hour show, the top of every hour). I think on the two-hour Raws, Cole and JR stuff is about 50/50 as to whether it's in one of those spots or not. On three-hour shows, they do tend to be in one of them.

The more I think about it, the more this worked in the sense that it was easy going and helped set the tone for the rest of the night which made Kane's return have more of an impact.

The problem with Clay interfering at the start I guess is how it works with the pacing of the show - especially as it's a Slammys show that's supposed to be pretty easy going. It's better for that to happen later on in the show so everything seems tame and then, bang, out comes Clay. The reason he couldn't have debuted on this show is because they did make the show seem tame which helped when Kane returned. The talk should be of Clay when he debuts, not Kane.

I'm not as big a fan of Brodus Clay as a lot of people on here. He's a create-a-wrestler head (which is arguably good) on the body of a cow in a leotard (definitely not good). His ring attire is absurdly wrong for him, and that throws me off. But even if I thought he was a huge part of the show, I'd still think you could do the returns of him and Kane on the same night. There's enough time to space them apart, and Brodus beating a jobber or whatever isn't going to be that big anyway. I can see your point on this show all being light fun to shift tone with the Kane darkness at the end, but I don't think it worked in practise. I remember the night the Nexus first invaded, it was right at the end of a very boring Raw-by-numbers and it worked well then. But I don't think Kane in a mask chokeslamming John Cena is enough of a shock or change in tone to vindicate keeping the rest of the show inconsequential and fluffy.

Also, King Pitcos' presumptions are silly. Your stereotyping is bollocks. I could stereotype the 'elite' of UKFF as loving old blokes and using it in a derogatory manner in an argument.

Do it, then. There's no harm at all in taking the piss out of opinions that need it doing. And if you're in the right, like I am every time, you can't go wrong and every person on the forum will think you're brilliant.

They can either keep putting JR and Cole on to try bump ratings or even bring in the old guard like The Rock, Nash, Foley, a returning masked Kane and Undertaker or they could dedicate some time to putting over newer wrestlers. I understand a lot of the newer wrestlers aren't as entertaining and haven't had the benefit of going across all the territories but I think they can make more of some than they are. I wish there were more 'fun' wrestlers. And not in a Hornswoggle way. One day, the old guard aren't going to be there. It's not a colossal disaster yet but it could go sour when they try to draw with, say, The Miz.

I agree with this, there's a lot more WWE should be doing to keep the roster viable. That's what the long-term health of the company depends on. But giving the likes of Tyson Kidd and Tyler Reks twenty minute matches in the plum spots on TV won't help anyone, it'd just lead to faster decline. They need to put some serious work into making a good portion of the lower and mid card interesting, and that involves a lot of writing, coaching and (most likely) sacking. I think WWE has the ability to do this, and last week's Raw showed it. They just don't have the inclination most of the time, which is indeed short-sighted and fucking stupid.

But Brodus beating a jobber would be a rubbish debut if they're going to try to make a big deal of him. It'd need something with impact and considering all the weeks they've said he's coming, it'd be silly to put it on the one where Kane is returning. It depends how big they want to make him out to be really and who he'd be feuding with. They could have him run in and attack whoever is presenting an award or something and be dragged off by security but I think they might as well use him as the cliffhanger for the end of an episode. I don't like Brodus either. I think he has a bad look and don't understand why they're going to try make a big deal of him.

Yeah, I was thinking of the Nexus invasion when I said about the show being a fairly by-the-numbers one except the end.

I was disappointed with Kane's return and I think you're right that it doesn't mean that the rest of the show has to be standard, but it's a logical thing to do. I just don't give a shit about Kane so it didn't really bother me.

The tone of The Slammys was always going to be easy going regardless though. It was always going to have bad comedy and trying to fit in TLC hype as well as focusing on the Slammys. It was never going to be going all out. That woman's voice saying 'welcome back to the Slammy awards' summed up the mood. So in that sense, JR and Cole was a logical start to the episode no matter how badly executed it was but it could have ended with someone who needs airtime interacting with it somehow.

What was the point again? Oh yeah, making time for new guys. They do need to do more vignettes. The Zack Ryder montage they had with his YouTube show was a good way of getting the audience up to speed with what his character is but they should do it more often. I really liked the idea of 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes and liked the vignettes that went with it but I think it could have gone longer than it did.

The Nexus attack was actually at the end of a 3-hour Fans voting Raw rather than a typical episode fellas.

Just saying.

You say that like a three-hour Raw can't be boring or by-the-numbers. I know it was a fan voting episode (the WWE had hoped it'd be Cena and Mysterio getting the kicking at the end) but it was uniformly reviled as a lazy, bog-standard Raw "special" borefest which made the Nexus thing at the end more of a shock.

Congratulations KP - you've reduced a potentially decent discussion into dullness. What the hell happened to this forum?

People joined it who wouldn't cry over someone disrespecting the untouchable Tyson Kidd?

:D Relax dude. Kidd isn't untouchable, just not the dullard you appear to demand he is.

I'm thoroughly interested in this rap video as I have no idea what PMD is referring to :)

Archived