Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

whilst I'm not a huge fan of the new Kane attire I can see why they have it like that. The way the stitching is on the chest is like how an autopsy would be performed. Hence the reference to the resurrection in the vignettes. Still don't like it though, should've gone with his original attire. Plus the hair is blatently stuck on the mask, there were pictures surfacing on here before of Kane w/ Hair and it was nowhere near that length.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whilst I'm not a huge fan of the new Kane attire I can see why they have it like that. The way the stitching is on the chest is like how an autopsy would be performed. Hence the reference to the resurrection in the vignettes. Still don't like it though, should've gone with his original attire. Plus the hair is blatently stuck on the mask, there were pictures surfacing on here before of Kane w/ Hair and it was nowhere near that length.

Hair extensions??

Were they trying to make out Kane has hair now? His mask clearly had these silver clamps at the top that were attached to the hair. He looked naff. He looked ridiculous in that metal mask. I wouldn't have minded so much had he have just not come out with that metal mask whatsoever. The music was good, just a reworking of his most famous theme. I don't mind his actual mask but the rest of his attire was awful - especially those tights. Frankly. I couldn't give a shit about him.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but my facebook has been lit up all day with people saying daft stuff like "It's not Kane, it's the Undertaker, you can tell, look, his make-up is running and you can see his tattoos".

You may want to consider a cull of your friends list.

I'm sure i'm in the minority but I literally don't give a fuck about Kane. He's not shit, but he's dull. I genuinely don't think putting a nostalgic hat on a turd makes the turd smell any better. His matches are boring, unless he's given someone to dynamic to work with, his repertoire is predictable and every time he talks I want to jump out of a window. It doesn't help also that he's the only guy in the world to bounce from 'one half of comedic duo' to 'main eventer', which is even less believable than the somersaults the writing for his ridiculous character does on a weekly basis.

You're not the only one, no. Daft, nearly Shockmaster-like pointless welding mask, and another inexplicable heel turn, made even more ridiculous by the fact that Mark Henry, the guy who injured Kane, was in the ring too. I'd really like to invest in the Kane character, and be happy he's wearing his mask and monster like again, but I'm confident he will be tooting trumpets with Santino and reforming his "unstoppable" tag team with the Big Show in the not too distant future after a couple of weeks or months (if we are lucky) of being a nasty monster.But other than that, I found Raw really enjoyable, and I can't wait for Jonny Ace to get back in the ring. I even enjoyed how terrible the JR segment got. Seeing the Road Dogg was fun. All the TLC matches got a good build. Great go home show. Is there any word on if Big Show knackered his hand? Looked like he might have, was quite the punch. The only other thing I didn't like seeing was HHH pretty much confirming the rematch with Taker. I just cant be arsed with seeing that match again. If anything, this new/old Kane should be fed to the Undertaker. Nobody will buy Kane winning, but who cares, nobody will buy HHH winning again either. Have Kane job out, and both wander off into retirement. Full circle and that.

I didn't understand why everyone was speculating who Taker would go against. I thought if he was going to go against anyone, it'd be Triple H at Wrestlemania. They pretty much confirmed it the night after Wrestlemania 27 anyway. The only other possibility I saw was him holding out on going for his 20th win against John Cena at Wrestlemania XXX or even next year's.

I'm sure i'm in the minority but I literally don't give a fuck about Kane. He's not shit, but he's dull. I genuinely don't think putting a nostalgic hat on a turd makes the turd smell any better. His matches are boring, unless he's given someone to dynamic to work with, his repertoire is predictable and every time he talks I want to jump out of a window. It doesn't help also that he's the only guy in the world to bounce from 'one half of comedic duo' to 'main eventer', which is even less believable than the somersaults the writing for his ridiculous character does on a weekly basis.

This for me as well

You could stick a mask on Camilla to try and give her a new and fresh image with the public, but everybody still knows that she is the one who split Charles and Dianna up. It might be good for a month (if that) but at the end of the day it is still the same wrestler underneath who has pretty much bored me to death for at least half a decade with his constant switches between a so-called monster and frankly a total gimp

"One reason for Kane resurfacing with a mask is because WWE officials are looking to set a new Guinness World Record for the "largest gathering of people wearing costume masks" at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, Florida. The current record was set May 10, 2011 during a Major League Baseball game between the Los Angeles Angels and the Chicago White Sox at Angel Stadium of Anaheim when roughly 25,000 fans donned red Lucha masks during a designated ten minute time period. - Daniel Pena"

I for one hope this is true.. good to see a nice well thought-out piece of writing.

• Paid Members

I swear I read somewhere they were hoping to do that at WrestleMania by booking Sin Cara VS Mysterio? I highly doubt Kane wearing a mask now is going to prompt people to go out and buy a Kane mask, unless WWE provide them all for the fans.

Archived