Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rating

The 12/12 Slammy edition of Raw did a 2.84 rating for the three hour broadcast, averaging 4,109,000 viewers. In its regular 9 to 11 timeslot, Raw did a 2.98 rating and averaged 4,327,000.

Raw did hours of 2.55 at 8 p.m., 3.03 at 9 p.m. and 2.93 at 10 p.m.

• Paid Members

WWE will surely give away cheap shite masks, on the day? Meaning this Kane/heel thing is a non issue. The chances of getting 25,000+ buying a mask is slim.

I'm also chuffed it looks like they're doing the Triple H v Taker match at 'Mania. Hopefully it features the rumoured two way retirement stip.

• Paid Members
WWE will surely give away cheap shite masks, on the day? Meaning this Kane/heel thing is a non issue. The chances of getting 25,000+ buying a mask is slim.

I'm also chuffed it looks like they're doing the Triple H v Taker match at 'Mania. Hopefully it features the rumoured two way retirement stip.

"Rumoured"? Where have you read that??

I doubt they'd water down two retirements by having them both depart together, when they could have two big go-aways.

and another inexplicable heel turn...

Who said it was a heel turn? All I saw was a monster with no conscious just choke slamming the nearest person he could get his hands on. I didn't see it as a heel turn at all, especially since the crowd cheered for him (and the WWE knew they would).

In fact in recent months we've seen the Rock assault Cena and Foley, but no one would class that as a heel turn. I think we've gone way past the black and white notion that "attacking a face = automatic heel turn" in today's wrestling.

Exactly, and seeing as the majority of masks are brought by kids, attacking the man who is loved by kids isnt going to help sales.

Kids really arn't THAT fickle despite what we may think. Besides, if memory serves me right, he sold a great deal of masks during his first heel run in the WWE when he first came in.

I thought it was a well thought out return personally:

(a) Kane returns with a mark... nostaligia + surprise return = big pop. So a good start there.

(b) He dosen't get his hands on the man who hurt him... building anticipation for when they finally do. Booking 101.

© He just flattened the most dominant man (Cena) in the WWE, thus showing how powerful the newly reinvigorated Kane is.

(d) Lets be honest, Kane can't do an impressive chokeslam on Henry, but Cena is the master at taking the things. Thus Kane looked better chokeslamming Cena over Henry.

So in my opinion its a good start. If the WWE can do the following they are onto a merchandise winner.

1) Keep him out of too many matches, because ultimately your going to have trouble sticking him in there against Orton, Sheamus, Barrett etc and protecting all these pushes at the same time. Just have him systematically destroy people outside of them instead.

2) Have Henry piss his pants in fear of Kane. Have Henry try and keep away from him. Having the world most dominant champion run in fear of Kane will build him up no end even without a physically altercation.

3) Don't have him talk and keep him away from anything childish or fun.

4) Have him dominate in a handful of midcard fueds leading up to mania.

5) Give him a bloody good run in the rumble.

6) Meanwhile build a decent opponent for him at Mania.

If they start now, building Kane up for this Mania / mask record task is easy to do.

• Paid Members
5) Give him a bloody good run in the rumble

Yeah he needs to beat his record for the eliminations thinks it 11 not too sure thou

If its another 40 man rumble he could beat it easy and just chuck out all the NXT fodder they add in.

just watched it on Youtube:

+'s:

* Lights come on on hes standing on the stage, rather than walking out

* The meal mask looked pretty cool in my opinion, but obviously would like silly wearing it for a whole match

* Looks a lot leaner than he did eariler in the year

-'s:

* Worst ring attire ever

* No new tron-video

5) Give him a bloody good run in the rumble

Yeah he needs to beat his record for the eliminations thinks it 11 not too sure thou

If its another 40 man rumble he could beat it easy and just chuck out all the NXT fodder they add in.

I think it's only 30.

• Paid Members

Raw was pretty pretty bad.

I like The Miz but his lines when Punk was being beaten by Del Rio were embarassing. What the fuck does "pipe bomb engaged" even mean? You don't engage a pipe bomb!

What's the difference between a Holy Shit moment and an OMG moment? What happened to Fued Of The Year? Match Of The Year? Fucking retarded. And for a show with so much comedy written in the script it was ridiculously laugh-free.

The only good parts of the show were Punk's award acceptance, the Johnny Ace video and John's acceptance of Punk's Slammy later that show. Alot of people have been saying the 4 way was good but I thought it was a boring mess, a real shame as I love all 4 guys in the match.

The crowd were shit but with one boring quick pointless match in the first 45 minutes who can blame them. It was a 3 hour show and they did barely anything.

Archived