Raw Main Event **SPOILERS**

danchilton

• Paid Members
Also as nobody has mentioned it, chuffed that they have his old music- or a rehash of it. Have never really liked any music they gave him after his original

I was a fan of his 'Slow Chemical' theme, and there's an unused version of it recorded by Type O Negative that's pretty nifty as well and would have loved to have heard used around 2002-ish.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Also as nobody has mentioned it, chuffed that they have his old music- or a rehash of it. Have never really liked any music they gave him after his original

I was a fan of his 'Slow Chemical' theme, and there's an unused version of it recorded by Type O Negative that's pretty nifty as well and would have loved to have heard used around 2002-ish.

Holy shit, cheers dude! Type O are my favourite band ever and I had no idea they did that. Listening to it now, pretty sweet! Shame it was never used.

I ended up enjoying a lot of the things on there in the end but god knows what they were doing during the first hour. That Cole/JR segment was hideous and completely pointless and they barely had anything other than awards being given out over and over again.

The last two hours were good though. Class Fatal Four Way match, a decent tag team match, nice cameos from Road Dogg, Lita and Tony Atlas and obviously Kane's return. That was great. I really like the new mask after seeing a couple of clearer picturs on WWE.com but agree that the attire looks cheap. Looking forward to seeing where they go with him.

• Paid Members

Also, when are they going to stop with this JR/Michael Cole shit?

In the time that bollocks took they could have fitted in a match, hype video, a backstage segment and/or interview with any of the following to help build their characters, promote them or create fueds: Kofi Kingston, Broadus Clay, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Ezekial Jackson, Ted Dibiase, Mason Ryan, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Epico, Hunico, Tyson Kidd...the list goes on and on. TV time is precious and they constantly waste it on awful shit that they happily admit is awful shit on the same very show.

Why would they want to see Tyson Kidd if he's not built though? The reason no one cares to see him is because they don't give him TV time. I'm not saying that it should be Kidd who's opening Raw but they could definitely try build someone up. Cole and JR would likely get higher viewers than if they spent it on building someone up but you have to speculate to accumulate. I'd like to see Bourne have a well built underdog story against someone. He can't talk well but the heel can do the talking. I think he's marketable. He's an asset to WWE. He's fine in Air Boom but when that runs its course, they should give him an underdog story.

Why would they want to see Tyson Kidd if he's not built though?

Also because he's a bland shitehawk. Nobody wanted to see him when he was palling around with Bret and winning tag titles with his even shitter mate, either.

The reason no one cares to see him is because they don't give him TV time.

Complete and utter

550w_ds_icons_tosh_lines_6.jpg

Why would they want to see Tyson Kidd if he's not built though?

Also because he's a bland shitehawk. Nobody wanted to see him when he was palling around with Bret and winning tag titles with his even shitter mate, either.

The reason no one cares to see him is because they don't give him TV time.

Complete and utter tosh

Why is it tosh? jb is making a perfectly valid point, and he's bang on the money - why not use the precious time to give someone some TV? Not only that, but anyone that has been watching NXT will tell you that Kidd has been brilliant lately, and anything BUT bland.

I weren't commenting on Kidd in particular. Maybe I misunderstood but from what I read, I interpreted it as 'JR and Cole will draw more viewers than anyone new - that's why they're on' and that you agreed with it in principle. Looking back, you did mention Kidd in particular so I was probably wrong.

I can't comment on Kidd in particular as I've not seen him in ages. What I remember of him, other than his hair, was his bodyguard who was quickly dropped and how he would yell whilst applying a sleeper.

• Paid Members
More people want to watch Michael Cole and JR than Tyson Kidd. That's why they do it.

People want to J.R. to be commentating, not being a fucking retard on live TV and you know that. And probably half the audience hate Michael Cole and not in the right kind of hate way either. If they used that time to create effective angles and put on quality matches people would want to see the people I mentioned. They could have saved that whole mess if it ended with Broadus Clay debuting and beating the shit out of JR. At least then it would have had a point.

• Paid Members

It did unintentionally give us one of the funniest lines in recent time. "Oh you want me to rhyme? Then how about this. "Your name's Michael Cole and you're a damn fool....AND YOU CAN KISS MY ASS!"

Why is it tosh? jb is making a perfectly valid point, and he's bang on the money - why not use the precious time to give someone some TV?

I'm presuming your question is missing a word and you're asking why they didn't put two YOUNG GUYZ~ in that spot? It's simple. The opening of Raw is supposed to hook viewers. That's the goal. Michael Cole bullying a rubbish, grotesque old man might not be the best idea for that, but it's far more sensible than a random match between two unknowns (or even two midcarders that nobody cares about). I recall reading that during their feud in the spring, Cole and JR drew better ratings on the show than everything besides the Cenas and co. There's not a person in the world who'd switch on to the start of Raw, see Tyson Kidd walking down the ramp, and keep watching.

Not only that, but anyone that has been watching NXT will tell you that Kidd has been brilliant lately, and anything BUT bland.

The only people who'd say Tyson Kidd isn't bland are either loons who think he can do no wrong because of the Hart family association (there were people for years pretending the much-worse Harry Smith was good, for similar reasons), or the sort of people who think Paul London vs Shelton Benjamin should be a WrestleMania main event. And both of those categories can fuck right off. Tyson Kidd isn't new anyway, he's been there for three years. He's had his chances (who else on NXT holds wins over Jericho and Miz?), and nobody's ever given a fraction of a fuck about him. From everything he's done up til now, he just hasn't got it. He's a bland, competent low-level wrestler. Unless he sorts himself out, he's positioned perfectly as C-show jobber material.

I weren't commenting on Kidd in particular. Maybe I misunderstood but from what I read, I interpreted it as 'JR and Cole will draw more viewers than anyone new - that's why they're on' and that you agreed with it in principle. Looking back, you did mention Kidd in particular so I was probably wrong.

I can't comment on Kidd in particular as I've not seen him in ages. What I remember of him, other than his hair, was his bodyguard who was quickly dropped and how he would yell whilst applying a sleeper.

He hasn't even got the hair anymore.

Regardless -- Michael Cole and Jim Ross are largely used, essentially, as main eventers. Their segments often occur in the same timeslots that the top guys get. They're not taking TV time away from Trent Baretta, they're taking TV time away from Alberto Del Rio and John Cena.

Never suggested "young guyz" - your presumption is wrong. Also, why do you keep talking as though you can represent everyone? You saying "no a person in the world" and "nobody wants to watch" doesn't make it true dude. I agree - the start of Raw should hook people - but does that prevent the time being used to give exposure or more creatively?

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about Kidd being associated with the Harts, and I certainly don't want to see London/Benjamin in the main event at Wrestlemania, and I don't think he's bland, in fact you could even say I give a fraction of a fuck about him. Care to cast any more random insults at people with differing opinions?

For this show with the opening slot, they've taken a slot that would be better used by main eventers so I agree with that. I have a bad memory but I'm sure they don't typically take that spot though. They've taken slots in the middle of the show that isn't necessarily the ideal time to have a main eventer on screen. The more I think about it, the more this worked in the sense that it was easy going and helped set the tone for the rest of the night which made Kane's return have more of an impact.

The problem with Clay interfering at the start I guess is how it works with the pacing of the show - especially as it's a Slammys show that's supposed to be pretty easy going. It's better for that to happen later on in the show so everything seems tame and then, bang, out comes Clay. The reason he couldn't have debuted on this show is because they did make the show seem tame which helped when Kane returned. The talk should be of Clay when he debuts, not Kane.

Also, King Pitcos' presumptions are silly. Your stereotyping is bollocks. I could stereotype the 'elite' of UKFF as loving old blokes and using it in a derogatory manner in an argument. They can either keep putting JR and Cole on to try bump ratings or even bring in the old guard like The Rock, Nash, Foley, a returning masked Kane and Undertaker or they could dedicate some time to putting over newer wrestlers. I understand a lot of the newer wrestlers aren't as entertaining and haven't had the benefit of going across all the territories but I think they can make more of some than they are. I wish there were more 'fun' wrestlers. And not in a Hornswoggle way. One day, the old guard aren't going to be there. It's not a colossal disaster yet but it could go sour when they try to draw with, say, The Miz.

Archived