Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I remember the first pwi 500. Duke Drose was number 500, called The Garbage Man or something similiar, not long after that, maybe a year or so i cant remember, the WWF signed him. Even as a youngster at the time i thought they did it to prove a point they could make a star out of anyone.

Yeah, thats how I knew Duke Droese when they started airing vignettes on WWF TV.

I was like 'That's the guy who was 500 in the PWI 500'.

It's crazy. Just name who you think are the 10 best wrestlers in the world right now. Got your 10? Good. Now pad it up to 25. If you can still add the 15 to it, go for 50. That's when things are going to be nightmarish. Heck, if you personally rate 100 to warrant a list, that's impressive. but coming up with 500 is incredible. From the big time of the States to the UK scene at its strongest it's been in years to Mexico to Japan to the indies and everything else in between.

I personally wonder how they come to an agreement on who to get in. I suppose the more they hear of you, your chances of getting up the list increase. It's madness.

Edited by Jon-Carr_92

Can you still pay to get in the 500? 500th quite a wanted spot I have heard through the years

In other minor news, The Wrestler is now on uk Netflix for anyone who hasn't seen it

• Paid Members

When i think of the PWI 500 the name Mr Oh LaLa always pops up in my mind

Old Chick Donovan too. He was always there for a bit. Rasta the Voodoo Man too, because he sounded cool.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

When i think of the PWI 500 the name Mr Oh LaLa always pops up in my mind

Old Chick Donovan too. He was always there for a bit. Rasta the Voodoo Man too, because he sounded cool.

Shockwave the Robot comes to my mind as well. I think he took the 500 spot one year as well.

For those interested Stephanie's book will be released in the UK on Oct 11th. It will be titled Unreal: Inside the Crazy, Fun Show Business World of WWE.

I'm expecting a good portion of this book to be bullshit but I'm still going to buy it.

The book release has now been pushed back to August 25th 2020