Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

They did the trigger on him though, albeit because Punk fucked off, and he fell to bits. Then he came back again, they put the IC belt and he fell to bits again. He hasn't been taking ROH bumps for ages and he's still knackering himself up. He's too much of a liability to be put in the top spot now, if he ever comes back

I still don't understand how they managed to have Tommy Dreamer wrestling for them, considering the state he's in and his age. Did he have to take their proper tests for a cameo of a few weeks or did he just slip by because there were no official contracts in place?

It's an odd one, because he's had more concussions than he can remember and he's been a physical wreck for years.

• Paid Members

I dont know, but Dreamer was in such a state in 1999, he was thinking of packing it in. If this whole testing thing was on the up and up, there's no way the Undertaker should ever wrestle again. He's a fucking mess. Maybe they just think Dreamer and Undertaker are such soldiers, they'd never sue them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Dreamer has also said in interviews that he suffers the same type of memory loss that Foley has mentioned - forgetting where you parked your car all the time, repeating yourself to your wife and kids - that sort of thing. It does seem very strange that he's able to wrestle for them on telly in his state.

• Paid Members

I just think with d-bryan they didn't use him to his full potential, they have constantly held back and waited to pull the trigger and each time they have just been too late.

They had him win both world titles in the main event of WrestleMania 30, beating three of the biggest stars from the past 10 years in two separate matches in the same night. If that's not pulling the trigger, I don't know what is.

• Paid Members

I just think with d-bryan they didn't use him to his full potential, they have constantly held back and waited to pull the trigger and each time they have just been too late.

They had him win both world titles in the main event of WrestleMania 30, beating three of the biggest stars from the past 10 years in two separate matches in the same night. If that's not pulling the trigger, I don't know what is.

No argument that they gave him a massive massive historic position on that show, but until the fans forced it, he was going to be working Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

We'll never know how his world title run would have gone, but him going straight into a secondary programme with Kane and the plan being getting squashed by Brock isn't a good omen.

Him then coming back from injury jobbing to Bray Wyatt, getting thrown out of the Rumble with no fan fare and then working the opener at Wrestlemania for the Intercontinental title gives you a more reasonable idea of where they saw him long term.

You can argue that's where he deserved to be, but its not like there isn't merit to the argument WWE never truly got behind him to the level he was over.

• Paid Members

What's funny about Daniel Bryan's career is, he pretty much said in his book if Heyman and Gabe would have went to TNA, he'd have went with them when he was released in 2010. Its strange how this major star of the last 5 years probably wouldnt have happened if things would have turned out different. Or maybe Heyman and Gabe would have made him a semi-star, like Taz or RVD was in the 90s. That TNA roster in 2010 would have had Bryan, Angle, AJ, Joe, Nigel McGuinness, Okada, Shelley, Sabin, Doug Williams, Roode, Storm, Kaz, Daniels. That would have been a tastey little group for Heyman to play with.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

What's funny about Daniel Bryan's career is, he pretty much said in his book if Heyman and Gabe would have went to TNA, he'd have went with them when he was released in 2010. Its strange how this major star of the last 5 years probably wouldnt have happened if things would have turned out different. Or maybe Heyman and Gabe would have made him a semi-star, like Taz or RVD was in the 90s. That TNA roster in 2010 would have had Bryan, Angle, AJ, Joe, Nigel McGuinness, Okada, Shelley, Sabin, Doug Williams, Roode, Storm, Kaz, Daniels. That would have been a tastey little group for Heyman to play with.

Nice idea for a "what if" thread there, like the one for the relaunched WCW in 2001.

• Paid Members

Wasn't Heyman's first TNA creative idea (according to Gabe Sapolsky) something like making Bryan 2010 Taz by having him beat everybody by submission in seconds for a year, while at the same time building some monster heel doing something similar. When they eventually met Bryan would get the monster heel to tap out in no time. Leading to Kurt Angle v Daniel Bryan down the line.

I think I read that, anyway. Maybe I dreamed it.

• Paid Members

I think WWE are more concerned about Bryan killing himself whilst in thier employ rather than staging an indy-wank dream match

I don't understand how you can class Nakamura vs Bryan as "indy Wank". Bryan is currently employed by the world's biggest wrestling company and Nakamura is currently employed by Japan's biggest wrestling company and will soon be joining the same company as Bryan.