Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Fallaway slam is the move Razor Ramon used to do. Holds the opponent horizontally in front of him then throws then falls back and throws them over his head.

I was always confused by it later, as the commentators used to call Tatanka's finish that, when it was clearly a Samoan Drop. Even more confusing when he came back a few years ago and they were still doing the same thing.

I get that they probably couldn't call it a Samoan Drop because it wouldn't fit with his gimmick, but surely they should've called it something else when there was already a move called the fallaway slam?

• Paid Members

Fallaway slam is the move Razor Ramon used to do. Holds the opponent horizontally in front of him then throws then falls back and throws them over his head.

I was always confused by it later, as the commentators used to call Tatanka's finish that, when it was clearly a Samoan Drop. Even more confusing when he came back a few years ago and they were still doing the same thing.

I get that they probably couldn't call it a Samoan Drop because it wouldn't fit with his gimmick, but surely they should've called it something else when there was already a move called the fallaway slam?

"German suplex" and "Boston crab" don't fit with 99% of the wrestlers who do them but they still get called such.

They did. Or at least the Brain did. It was the Papoose to Go! Then after the heel turn, the End of the Trail.

They done the same with the previous guy to use it as a finisher too - Saba Simba. His was coined the 'Nairobi drop'.

EDIT: name change already mentioned in another thread. weird. Guess someones clicked on this thread to reply to the other, and not a massive coincidence.

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members

"End of the Trail" was the name of Tatanka's finishing move, IIRC.