Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Who is Ranjin Singh and why does he have tiny legs?

Edit for content: I suspect Rey Rey might be the mystery 16th luchador at the Albert Hall this July...

Edited by Linus

Well, that was done with as little fanfare as possible, considering Rey has a solid argument for being the number two or three babyface of the last decade and change.

I'm a bit sad. I know his knees turned to dust, but I still liked Rey. Was hoping he'd get one final run, just one big feud before bowing out gracefully. Fucking politics. :(

• Paid Members
PWInsider.com contacted WWE regarding Rey Mysterio's status with the company as he was moved quietly to their Alumni section today.

WWE responded with the following statement:

"Rey Mysterio is no longer under contract with WWE."

So, Mysterio's long run with the company is officially over.

Wouldn't say he's given up on the Latino market. Kalisto can slot into the role that Rey had and is a good 10 years younger. If he can keep free of injury he could be a big star for them.

It's a shame that Rey has gone with no fanfare, but time healthy to time injured would be an interesting venn diagram

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It's a shame that Rey has gone with no fanfare, but time healthy to time injured would be an interesting venn diagram

I'm struggling. Surely "time healthy" and "time injured" are mutually exclusive, so there would be no intersection? Just two circles side by side? Or does a venn diagram not HAVE TO have an intersection, by definition? Help me, Maths dorks!

You're right.

A Venn diagram is designed to show relations between entities. There'd have to be a 'worked injured' intersection for it to work.

I think a good old fashioned bar chart would be more suitable.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'm struggling. Surely "time healthy" and "time injured" are mutually exclusive, so there would be no intersection? Just two circles side by side? Or does a venn diagram not HAVE TO have an intersection, by definition? Help me, Maths dorks!

Injured - Working Hurt - Healthy

Injured - Working Hurt - Healthy

I recon you could still remove "healthy" from the equation and remain accurate, using just a pie chart. The bloke's legs are made of balsa wood, chalk and blu-tac, he's not been "healthy" in over a decade.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Awards Moderator

Seth Rollins invaded The Daily Show last night to have words with Jon Stewart.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/watch-wwes-seth-rollins-crash-the-daily-show-challenge-jon-stewart-20150227

If there's one thing you don't do, it's interrupt Jon Stewart during his "Moment of Zen."

And yet, that's exactly what WWE superstar Seth Rollins did during a surprise appearance on Thursday night's episode of The Daily Show – receiving a headlock for his efforts and further extending an unlikely feud between wrestling's top heel and the heavyweight champ of fake news.

As Stewart was preparing to wrap another week behind the desk, he was interrupted by the man known as "Mr. Money in the Bank," who crashed the Daily Show's traditional "Zen" segment with some fighting words: "I hope you are prepared for a world of hurt."

Rollins and Stewart then traded barbs in split-screen, with J.Stew advising his adversary "Mind your manners; I've got a little wrestling in my background as well." That tough talk quickly ended when Rollins showed up on The Daily Show set, looking to cash in on that challenge (he even brought his MITB briefcase!)

"Why don't you shut your mouth and bring it, pal?" he spat.

"I will bring it, although unfortunately I don't have it with me right now,'" Stewart stammered. "So I will perhaps look for it and meet you somewhere at a later date."

Turns out, that "somewhere" will probably be Stewart's spiritual home of New Jersey: Monday night's episode of WWE Raw is set to air from the Prudential Center in Newark. And to turn up the heat for that appearance, Stewart ended last night's Daily Show by leaping on Rollins' back and putting him in a headlock.

The beef between the two started earlier this month, when Rollins called out Stewart with a promo on Raw. That led to a scathing (and really pretty hilarious) response from J.Stew, who told Rollins he had made "the biggest mistake of his life" by disparaging him and The Daily Show.

What happens next? Seems like we’ll find out on Monday – hopefully Stewart's bringing his singlet.

Edit: deleting the bit about the video, Lister's link below is better. Watch it!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator