Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

No, it's not good news, unless the network subscriber number is well over the one they announced after WrestleMania... And the Extreme Rules number hints that a big proportion of the current network membership isn't actually in the US. Which means that A) the network is even less popular in the US than the paltry subscription number suggests; and B) the international launch won't provide the bump they're hoping for, because nearly every fucker here and in Canada who wants it has already got it.

No, it's not good news, unless the network subscriber number is well over the one they announced after WrestleMania... And the Extreme Rules number hints that a big proportion of the current network membership isn't actually in the US. Which means that A) the network is even less popular in the US than the paltry subscription number suggests; and B) the international launch won't provide the bump they're hoping for, because nearly every fucker here and in Canada who wants it has already got it.

Do you know what the financial / profit breakdown is for PPV sales vs. Network sales are? I'm curious how the bottom line is effected.

Mind you, you know WWE are going to present this as "the most watched Extreme Rules of all time with '800,000 "buys'."

I'm not sure where that 209,000 figure for last year that you quoted came from, but the official number for last year was apparently 231,000 buys. Meltzer for some reason is using 245,000 as last year's total buys, which I'm assuming is bollocks/mistake, or I'm reading it wrong, but based on Meltzer's figures:

40,000 US buys ($1.8 million) vs 137,000 US buys ($6.2 million) last year. WWE sees about half of the PPV profit, so let's say it was really $3.1 million last year and $0.9 million this year. That near-100k difference in buys means they saw $2.2 million less this year. That's domestic. I'm not sure how much the PPVs cost in each country or what cut WWE gets from them, but international buys went from 108,000 last year to 67,000 this year. I'm assuming that that 41,000 diference in international is a smaller deficit than in the US. But in total, it looks like the total PPV revenue was probably down by about three million or more as compared to last year. If we adjust Meltzer's 245,000 figure down to 231,000 it might be a bit less than three million. And of course, Brock Lesnar was on last year's card and not this year's... Which might also explain the drop in buys, and also means that the wage bill this year was much lower.

For the network: Apparently, they see an average of about $8 a month per subscriber, so if we assume 700,000... They brought in somewhere in the region of $5.6million from the network for May. So if it was a direct comparison, this year's revenue would be up on last year's. But then you have to factor in all the running costs of the network, the fact that the people who spent $10 on Extreme Rules also only spent $10 on WrestleMania, the fact subscribers got two PPVs for their $10 in June, etc etc.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
nearly every fucker here and in Canada who wants it has already got it.

Nah, I don't think that's true. I imagine there are many in my situation who will give the network a go when it launches, but not enough to want to faff about with the settings etc.

• Paid Members
nearly every fucker here and in Canada who wants it has already got it.

Nah, I don't think that's true. I imagine there are many in my situation who will give the network a go when it launches, but not enough to want to faff about with the settings etc.

Snap. There'll be tons and tons of people who are either as lazy as us or are quite capable of downloading an available app but wouldn't dream of pissing about with unblock us or whatever.

• Paid Members

First Rolf, now Emma. Not a good week to be Australian :(

WWE DIVA ARRESTED

By Mike Johnson on 2014-07-01 12:22:53

WWE's Emma (real name Tenille Dashwood, 25) was arrested yesterday in Hartford, CT and charged with sixth-degree larceny.

Dashwood was arrested at 1 PM at 495 Flatbush Avenue, the location of a Wal-Mart. She was released at 2:13 PM.

In the State of Connecticut, sixth-degree larceny is a shoplifting charge of an item worth $250 or Less. The crime, if convicted, could lead to a sentence of up to 3 months in jail and/or fines up to $500. It is considered a Class C Misdemeanor.

She did not appear on Raw, although she was referenced by name backstage by Santino Marella in a vignette.

PWInsider.com has reached out to WWE for comment.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Agreed. There's plenty of us waiting to subscribe once it's officially launched here.

Read the comments on every post on facebook about the Network. Nearly every one is someone asking when it will launch in their country, or about CM Punk. Loads of people are willing to wait, don't know or care enough to fiddle with settings. And I bet there's plenty of Americans just giving it time and seeing how it grows.

WWE DIVA ARRESTED

WWE's Emma (real name Tenille Dashwood, 25) was arrested yesterday in Hartford, CT and charged with sixth-degree larceny.

Dashwood was arrested at 1 PM at 495 Flatbush Avenue, the location of a Wal-Mart. She was released at 2:13 PM.

In the State of Connecticut, sixth-degree larceny is a shoplifting charge of an item worth $250 or Less. The crime, if convicted, could lead to a sentence of up to 3 months in jail and/or fines up to $500. It is considered a Class C Misdemeanor.

She did not appear on Raw, although she was referenced by name backstage by Santino Marella in a vignette.

From what I've read she got caught stealing an i-pod case. Silly girl.

WWE DIVA ARRESTED

WWE has issued the following official statement apparently:

"WWE is aware that Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) was arrested for shoplifting. Ms. Dashwood is ultimately responsible for her personal actions."

• Paid Members

I haven't bothered with the Network so far, other than the free week to see what all the fuss was about, but I'll be signing up once it is available over here since that is looking around the time when all the PPVs move over to Sky Box Office. I'm assuming, of course, that the monthly price point is going to be lower than the

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

I actually don't think I'll bother with the Network when it launches. I'd be tempted if it is the equivalent of 10 dollars, but I suspect they will go with ten pounds. My Sky Sports / broadband subscription costs me a fortune every month as it is so I will likely continue to make use of those services in whatever ways I can to make sure I see all the wrestling I need. As it is I watch Raw, SD and NXT each week so I really don't know where I'd find the time or the inclination to watch any more wrestling.