Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Apparently Jushin Liger is set to face Zebra Kid in March next year on a show in Gloucester.

They are? Who is the promoter?? What is the venue??? Where do I find out more????

Superstars of Wrestling. GL1 Leisure Centre. March 29. All I know at the moment.

Wasnt he meant to be over for 4fw weekender as well? Or did I imagine that. Trip 'home' could be on the cards if this is a gooer..

On another note does that mean that there are at least 3 separate promotions running Glos these days? 4fw, Superstars, and the one that runs Waterwell?

- Superstars is restricted to sporadic shows every 3 months or so at GL1.

- 4FW returned to Churchdown this year to host an event that had lost its previous venue, they will not be running regularly there.

- Pro EVW run The Capital Venue in Quedgeley (Waterwells), Wotton Hall Club in Barnwood and venues in Cinderford, Cirencester, Bream, Lydney, Ross-On-Wye, Dursley and a few others around the area. Successfully too, I might add! They also have their training facility off Bristol Road in Gloucester, opposite the go-carting hall.

If anyone wants any further information on either 4FW or Pro EVW, please feel free to PM me.

WHAT?!? His nutty cerebral bushwhacker gimmick was quality. If they'd have gone with the reactions and booked him face, he'd have been one of the top guys. Unfortunately, he does seem to be one of those guys who they're throwing things at, trying to get something to stick. I was disappointed with his backstage promo with Cesaro last week - his character seemed to evaporate in favour of WWE's generic conniving heel tropes.

• Paid Members

Well that's shit. I loved Kruger as was, and whilst watching NXT earlier tonight was idly brainstorming things he could do on the main roster.

He was a pretty convincing nutcase, the storyline background for him being a nutcase was unusually good. The Kruger End was both a great finisher and a great name for a finisher, until they stole it for Curtis Axel. But that didn't matter, because he adopted The Slice, a clothesline developed by, and named for, his prowess as a fast bowler. Because despite having been a mercenary and spending big chunks of his life in the South African bush hunting big game, simply by being South African he was naturally a) interested in and b) talented at cricket. Just like all Japanese people are skilled martial artists.

Holding out hope this is just some holiday season house show japery.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

Just as a point of interest more than any thought that it might affect WWE's decision-making process in any way : if this Leo Kruger > Adam Rose thing sticks, it's the first 'jarring' total overnight repackaging I can think of since NXT became more readily available (I.E. televised over here, on HuluPlus nationwide in the US). I know it used to happen all the time in old OVW/FCW, but not since NXT became "canon".

Obviously there's been turns & gimmick tweaks - CJ Parker went away to a commune for a bit and came back a hippy, Rick Victor stopped being a gothy Canadian jobber on his own and found someone to be gothy with. The biggest one I suppose was Seth Rollins joining The Shield, but I suppose disaffected heavy metal loner to militia member isn't that too far removed, it's just an "attitude change" - he was still the same Seth Rollins.

The only other total repackage I can think of was Mike Dalton > Tyler Breeze, but he'd only made a handful of appearances as Mike Dalton in the early weeks, and had been MIA for quite some time before returning. Kruger, on the other hand, has been a regular since the beginning, and fairly prominent.

Just a thought, as I said. I suppose they might go with "Leo Kruger's gone even more crazy and now thinks he's a hard-living British rock star", maybe.

RE: the name - Adam Rose as it is may not be the greatest ring name ever, but it fits like a glove for the gimmick, IMO.

Finally - WCW should definitely have used "The Total Repackage" as Chuck Palumbo's nickname during the NBT angle.

Just as a point of interest more than any thought that it might affect WWE's decision-making process in any way : if this Leo Kruger > Adam Rose thing sticks, it's the first 'jarring' total overnight repackaging I can think of since NXT became more readily available (I.E. televised over here, on HuluPlus nationwide in the US). I know it used to happen all the time in old OVW/FCW, but not since NXT became "canon".

Obviously there's been turns & gimmick tweaks - CJ Parker went away to a commune for a bit and came back a hippy, Rick Victor stopped being a gothy Canadian jobber on his own and found someone to be gothy with. The biggest one I suppose was Seth Rollins joining The Shield, but I suppose disaffected heavy metal loner to militia member isn't that too far removed, it's just an "attitude change" - he was still the same Seth Rollins.

The only other total repackage I can think of was Mike Dalton > Tyler Breeze, but he'd only made a handful of appearances as Mike Dalton in the early weeks, and had been MIA for quite some time before returning. Kruger, on the other hand, has been a regular since the beginning, and fairly prominent.

Just a thought, as I said. I suppose they might go with "Leo Kruger's gone even more crazy and now thinks he's a hard-living British rock star", maybe.

RE: the name - Adam Rose as it is may not be the greatest ring name ever, but it fits like a glove for the gimmick, IMO.

Finally - WCW should definitely have used "The Total Repackage" as Chuck Palumbo's nickname during the NBT angle.

Bailey and Aiden English were just normal wrestlers but then got a gimmick later on without the name change. Even Kruger totally changed his gimmick after a few months, just no name change. Speaking of NXT, I hope these "Get to Know Bo" segments end up on TV.

• Paid Members

Yeah, they did, (although I would debate Aiden English a bit - he's always used a similar gimmick in WWE and always had the drama masks etc. on his tights, but he was a jobber so no-one bothered telling us about his thespian past) but what I was getting at is this seems like a TOTAL repackage with a name change and no mask, i.e. "this man is a new wrestler called Adam Rose who is also a rock star, he has never, ever been known as Leo Kruger, honest." Along the lines of Husky Harris to Bray Wyatt, for example.

Not "this guy is the same man as before but he just has a new attitude/job/character trait", e.g. Bradshaw to JBL, Terry Taylor to Red Rooster, Vito to cross-dressing Vito etc.

As I said earlier, I could be wrong and they'll acknowledge it.

- Superstars is restricted to sporadic shows every 3 months or so at GL1.

- 4FW returned to Churchdown this year to host an event that had lost its previous venue, they will not be running regularly there.

- Pro EVW run The Capital Venue in Quedgeley (Waterwells), Wotton Hall Club in Barnwood and venues in Cinderford, Cirencester, Bream, Lydney, Ross-On-Wye, Dursley and a few others around the area. Successfully too, I might add! They also have their training facility off Bristol Road in Gloucester, opposite the go-carting hall.

If anyone wants any further information on either 4FW or Pro EVW, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers, Mr Gilligan, for the clarification. Pro EVW is the one you run? Yay/Nay? I saw the poster for Waterwells recently when back at home,

12970_10152072203798793_464536352_n.jpg

Yes, that is the Chinese on School Lane, near where 21CW ran once :)

I saw the training poster in Eastgate Market... :)

• Paid Members

Apologies if someone already posted this. Don't know if this is in the pipeline, or if it's just a design company putting together ideas, but someone designed a new logo for the WWE network. I really hope they do this; I've never liked the scratch logo.

The designer's kept the layout and colours, just made it look more relevant, and better. There are other suggested designs below:

WWE Network logo design