Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

@unfitfinlay Shelly Martinez did an interview with her. Shelly then said she texted Mick about the allegations and he blocked her from twitter and told her not to contact him again.

Shelly totally outed Cornette's pal Kenny Bolin, though. Saying it was just accepted by everyone in WWE and at OVW that he had an underage girlfriend and how he'd brag "get them while they're young, because they dont know any better." It's that pro wrestling thing of let people do whatever they like until they get caught.

Look at Hogan. Vince spent every day of his life with him both as pals and as his top guy. If anyone knew what a scumbag Hogan was, its Vince. So the idea he was surprised at the racist slurs is ridiculous if you think about it.

Jesus. That's just grim to think about.

Googling that, I noticed that Martinez has said a wrestler tried to rape her when she was in WWE and both she and Russo have said Divas have told them they'd been raped by wrestlers. That's really fucked up.

It's a pretty sobering realisation that most of our heroes have either done really shitty things or just looked the other way and let them happen. Even going back to the ring boys scandal.

Fucking hell, a bit off the subject here, but I just read that the reason Cornette and Bolin don't talk anymore is because Cornette hired someone to "murder" Vince Russo?!!

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Because it's Foley, it could be a case of tweeting someone is free but as Punk and Cabana will tell you, getting the lawyers involved costs a decent wedge of bunce.

Yeah, I suppose "Who would like the honour of representing Mick Foley in a defamation lawsuit?!" doesn't really work.

• Paid Members

Corny & Russo's history is a very coloured one. Cornette has threatened several times to find Russo and  visit harm on him to the point that Russo took out a restraining order, copiesof which Cornette sells through his website to raise money for a local children's charity he supports.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Jesus. That's just grim to think about.

Googling that, I noticed that Martinez has said a wrestler tried to rape her when she was in WWE and both she and Russo have said Divas have told them they'd been raped by wrestlers. That's really fucked up.

It's a pretty sobering realisation that most of our heroes have either done really shitty things or just looked the other way and let them happen. Even going back to the ring boys scandal.

Fucking hell, a bit off the subject here, but I just read that the reason Cornette and Bolin don't talk anymore is because Cornette hired someone to "murder" Vince Russo?!!

Yeah, I suppose "Who would like the honour of representing Mick Foley in a defamation lawsuit?!" doesn't really work.

I have actually dropped an e-mail over to Shelly Martinez - she wasn't around the business at the time I'm focusing on, but I'd like to hear - if she's willing to talk - what the deal with her and Foley was and I'm also interested to hear what her experiences as a female performer in the wrestling industry were like at that time.

I messaged Court Bauer to see if he stood by the Orton story, by the way. He's seen the message and chosen not to respond, so I am going to go ahead and assume he's standing by it. I have a sort of intro article already written outlining what I'm looking to achieve that tells the Orton story as an example of what the wrestling business considers normal, but am waiting on replies to a few e-mails (WWE media team, Meltzer, Keller, Mitchell) before I publish. The reason I'm e-mailing the likes of Meltzer and Keller is that I am hoping that they might be there as a steer for me. So, when I'm compiling all the stories of mistreatment and abuse, I can run one by one of the two guys and they can either say, "yeah, there is something to that one, worth pursuing" or "no, that one is total bullshit. I wouldn't waste your time." My worry is they will just write me off as some crazy idiot and not reply to any of my emails.

Edit: People are probably sick of me clogging up this thread with all my plans here, so when I've published the first article - wherever that ends up being - I'll post a link, and I'm going to set up a blog detailing all the work I'm putting in so everything is as recorded as possible.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Awards Moderator
35 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Hey, you could absolutely swing a very small, emaciated cat up in my living room.

As long as the cat doesn’t end up in the enclosed pool area we’re all good.

(side note: in googling that to check I got the reference right, the fourth result down was ‘24 things that will prove Chris Benoit is unnocent’. Dated 2014. Some people...)

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I have actually dropped an e-mail over to Shelly Martinez - she wasn't around the business at the time I'm focusing on, but I'd like to hear - if she's willing to talk - what the deal with her and Foley was and I'm also interested to hear what her experiences as a female performer in the wrestling industry were like at that time.

I messaged Court Bauer to see if he stood by the Orton story, by the way. He's seen the message and chosen not to respond, so I am going to go ahead and assume he's standing by it. I have a sort of intro article already written outlining what I'm looking to achieve that tells the Orton story as an example of what the wrestling business considers normal, but am waiting on replies to a few e-mails (WWE media team, Meltzer, Keller, Mitchell) before I publish. The reason I'm e-mailing the likes of Meltzer and Keller is that I am hoping that they might be there as a steer for me. So, when I'm compiling all the stories of mistreatment and abuse, I can run one by one of the two guys and they can either say, "yeah, there is something to that one, worth pursuing" or "no, that one is total bullshit. I wouldn't waste your time." My worry is they will just write me off as some crazy idiot and not reply to any of my emails.

Edit: People are probably sick of me clogging up this thread with all my plans here, so when I've published the first article - wherever that ends up being - I'll post a link, and I'm going to set up a blog detailing all the work I'm putting in so everything is as recorded as possible.

Court's a bit busy mate, he's MLW to worry about. as is Meltzer (shouting at people on twitter) and Keller (fuck knows these days). You have to slowly slowly catchy monkey as regards wrestling journalism, it's a closed shop. No-one's going to let you in straight away until you've done a fair bit of it first, or at least recognise your name.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Court's a bit busy mate, he's MLW to worry about. as is Meltzer (shouting at people on twitter) and Keller (fuck knows these days). You have to slowly slowly catchy monkey as regards wrestling journalism, it's a closed shop. No-one's going to let you in straight away until you've done a fair bit of it first, or at least recognise your name.

I know. I've said in my messages to all that I realise they're very busy and don't expect an immediate, if any, response.

11 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

As long as the cat doesn’t end up in the enclosed pool area we’re all good.

(side note: in googling that to check I got the reference right, the fourth result down was ‘24 things that will prove Chris Benoit is unnocent’. Dated 2014. Some people...)

I’m into just about every conspiracy theory going so I’ve watched a couple videos like that. There are a few things which don’t make total sense, but nothing which even remotely proves his innocence. 

The Wikipedia entry is rather interesting, but most likely a total coincidence. 

• Paid Members

I messaged Court Bauer to see if he stood by the Orton story, by the way. He's seen the message and chosen not to respond, so I am going to go ahead and assume he's standing by it.

I know. I've said in my messages to all that I realise they're very busy and don't expect an immediate, if any, response.

@SpursRiot2012 This seems a bit contradictory to me? 

• Paid Members
Just now, gmoney said:

@SpursRiot2012 This seems a bit contradictory to me? 

I'm making the assumption, but that doesn't mean I'm not waiting for a response - I haven't published anything yet and, in any event, the Orton thing is being reported all over and the WWE "is investigating it" so the whole issue might be moot for my purposes anyway.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm making the assumption, but that doesn't mean I'm not waiting for a response - I haven't published anything yet and, in any event, the Orton thing is being reported all over and the WWE "is investigating it" so the whole issue might be moot for my purposes anyway.

Fair enough, though "going to go ahead" implies some action, I hope your eventual article is a bit clearer. You're heading for low 2:1 territory at the moment.