Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Season 10 of Chikara is now on Amazon Prime. It’s from 2011, which featured a great King of Trios that year and their first ippv High Noon. 

Nice! That's me sorted for my commute next week!

• Paid Members

Season 11 also featured the Joshimania weekender, which is well worth a watch.

That year was right at the height of my CHIKARA love, and probably my favourite season they ever did. An amazing Trios lineup (Team Michinoku Pro, Manami Toyota, 123 Kid!), Johnny Saint and Johnny Kidd popping up, Sara Del Rey and Eddie Kingston both having barnstormer matches across the board, and so many WWE-bound talents working the company at the time.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Oh my God, I just had a look back at that season and it's true, it's really bloody good! El Generico has some stonkers, and one you really wouldn't expect that almost became my MOTY that year.

If it's the match I'm thinking of (night 3, King of Trios), I couldn't agree more!

• Paid Members

Is that the one with Team WWF, with the 123 Kid, Ax, and (I think) the Honky Tonk Man? I downloaded that years ago, but never got round to watching it - backlogged to hell.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Is that the one with Team WWF, with the 123 Kid, Ax, and (I think) the Honky Tonk Man? I downloaded that years ago, but never got round to watching it - backlogged to hell.

Trios 2011 had 123 Kid as part of Team Minnesota, with Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin, in Waltman's first CHIKARA appearance. They face Team Michinoku Pro (Great Sasuke, Jinsei Shinzaki & Dick Togo) in the main event of night one, with Kid vs. Shinzaki eliciting a chant of "1995".

The Team WWF that Kid was part of was Trios 2012, which was 123 Kid, Aldo Montoya and Tatanka, in a year that also including Meng & The Powers of Pain, an ECW trio of Tommy Dreamer, Too Cold Scorpio & Jerry Lynn, and Demolition popping up in the tag gauntlet.

The 2008 Team WWF was One Man Gang and Demolition.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Trios 2011 had 123 Kid as part of Team Minnesota, with Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin, in Waltman's first CHIKARA appearance. They face Team Michinoku Pro (Great Sasuke, Jinsei Shinzaki & Dick Togo) in the main event of night one, with Kid vs. Shinzaki eliciting a chant of "1995".

The Team WWF that Kid was part of was Trios 2012, which was 123 Kid, Aldo Montoya and Tatanka, in a year that also including Meng & The Powers of Pain, an ECW trio of Tommy Dreamer, Too Cold Scorpio & Jerry Lynn, and Demolition popping up in the tag gauntlet.

The 2008 Team WWF was One Man Gang and Demolition.

Ah, I've conflated the two. Thanks for that.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

All these WWF nostalgia trios sound amazing, but why have we not heard more from Baron's cousin here?

Darin Corbin predates Baron Corbin by a few years, and is most known (or was, back when he was a semi-regular for CHIKARA) for doing a "slo-mo" wrestling spot. 

I actually have a feeling Rob Naylor took inspiration for Baron's name from Darin Corbin, and they've joked about being related on Twitter in the past.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Darin Corbin predates Baron Corbin by a few years, and is most known (or was, back when he was a semi-regular for CHIKARA) for doing a "slo-mo" wrestling spot. 

I actually have a feeling Rob Naylor took inspiration for Baron's name from Darin Corbin, and they've joked about being related on Twitter in the past.

El Phantasmo is doing the slow mo thing at the moment...

• Paid Members

WWE have released their MOTY collection on the Network. I might seek out a free trial just to binge watch this, although there are some weird ones dotted about (Rusev/Nakamura? Jax/Rousey? Rollins/Zigger?) and some just left out (Mustache Mountain/UE from the UK Champsionship)  .

Also acts a nice refresher for the upcoming awards season;

• Adam Cole vs. Aleister Black, Extreme Rules Match at Takeover: Philadelphia
  • Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas, NXT Championship Match at Takeover: Philadelphia
  • Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. John Cena vs. Elias vs. Finn Balor vs. The Miz vs. Braun Strowman, Gauntlet Match, Monday Night Raw #1291 (Feb. 18)
  • Women’s Elimination Chamber Match, Elimination Chamber 2018
  • Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev, Fastlane 2018
  • Drew Gulak vs. Mustafa Ali, Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Semi-Finals, 205 Live #69 (Mar. 20)
  • Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs Killian Dane vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet vs. Lars Sullivan, Ladder Match for North American Title at Takeover: New Orleans
  • Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Aleister Black, NXT Championship Match at Takeover: New Orleans
  • Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa, Unsanctioned Match at Takeover: New Orleans
  • Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs Finn Balor, Triple Threat Intercontinental Championship Match at WrestleMania 34
  • Charlotte vs. Asuka at WrestleMania 34
  • Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon, Mixed Tag Team Match at WrestleMania 34
  • Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins, Monday Night Raw #1,301 (Apr. 30)
  • Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong, NXT #447 (May 2)
  • The Miz vs. Seth Rollins, Intercontinental Championship Match , Backlash 2018
  • Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander 205 Live #79 (May 29)
  • Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs. Undisputed Era, NXT Tag Team Championship Match, Takeover: Chicago II
  • Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa, Chicago Street Fight, Takeover: Chicago II
  • Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey; Alexa Bliss cashes in, Money in the Bank 2018
  • British Strong Style vs. Undisputed ERA, Six-Man Tag Match, United Kingdom Championship Tournament (June 25, 2018)
  • The Miz vs. Samoa Joe vs. Rusev vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Big E, #1 Contender Gauntlet Match, SmackDown #983 (June 19)
  • Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler, Monday Night Raw #1309 (June 25)
  • Undisputed ERA vs. Mustache Mountain, NXT Tag Team Championship Match, Takeover: Brooklyn 4
  • Adam Cole vs. Ricochet, NXT North American Championship Match, Takeover: Brooklyn 4
  • Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane, NXT Women’s Championship Match, Takeover: Brooklyn 4
  • The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan, SummerSlam 2018
  • Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens, Intercontinental Championship Match, Monday Night Raw #1318 (Aug. 27)
  • Killer Kelly vs. Meiko Satomura, Round 1 Mae Young Classic Season 2, Episode #1
  • Becky Lynch vs Charlotte, SmackDown Women’s Championship Match, Hell in a Cell 2018
  • Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre, Raw Tag Team Championship Match, Hell in a Cell 2018
  • Pete Dunne vs. Ricochet, North American & NXT UK Championship Unification Match, NXT #469 (Sept. 19)
  • Mercedes Martinez vs. Meiko Satomura, Round 2, Mae Young Classic Season 2, Episode #5
  • Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander, Cruiserweight Championship Match, Super Show-Down 2018
  • Mustafa Ali vs. Hideo Itami, 205 Live #100 (Oct. 24)
  • Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte, Last Woman Standing Match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship, Evolution 2018