Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

4 hours ago, uklaw said:

Perhaps it’s too soon after the news breaking, I’m noticing a distinct lack of obvious posts from wrestlers and former colleagues on this or Brian Christopher as a person. They are probably out there but the usual sites have not posted links to them.

Which makes me think out of respect to The King, perhaps people are not saying anything if they can’t say anything nice. (though I hear that Sabu went in pretty hard on him, but then deleted his comments). 

Conjecture on my part so I’m happy to be corrected on any of the points I’ve made.

New Jack wrote some nasty things about Brian, as he's want to do, and Sabu didn't say much better. Tommy Dreamer used it as a chance to pimp his show.

Was sad to read about Brian Christopher's passing. Like many Too Cool were a big part of WWE when I was growing up. Also surprised no one has mentioned about his appearance at FWA Revival. I believe he wrestled twice. One match against Guy Thunder and one against Ulf. Although I only had a short encounter with him when I got a polaroid with him and Eddie, he was pleasant enough and seem to have time to thank fans for their support. 

• Paid Members

I loved Brian Christopher's run as a heel in late 97 and early 98. Sure it was pretty campy but I thought the less than subtle hints while Jerry and Brian pretended they weren't related was pretty funny. Had a pretty long running feud with Taka Michinoku for the light heavyweight title.

Edited by garynysmon

I remember reading about Brian having a wheelbarrow he would use to carry his belts to the ring as he has several at one time in the early 90s. Always stick with me As loved how different it was to anything I’d seen in wwf at that point early 90s

• Paid Members

Jamie Dundee, Brian Christopher and the Road Dogg all have bad drug problems and we in and out for jail and certain periods of their lives. Must be something about those southern wrestlers kids. Jerry Lawler and the Bullet were squeaky clean as well. All similar type of characters away from the ring I hear. Really funny guys by all accounts.

• Paid Members

Not read all his tweets yet, but Sabu hasn't been gained many friends on Twitter with his remarks about yesterday's sad passings. 

Edit: Noticed it's been touched on above. 

Edited by eugenespeed

4 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Not read all his tweets yet, but Sabu hasn't been gained many friends on Twitter with his remarks about yesterday's sad passings. 

Edit: Noticed it's been touched on above. 

Sabu's tweets are embarrassing at the best of times. Talk about destroying your aura. Guy went from never speaking to LOL'ing it up on the internet sounding like a thick teenager from the noughties.