Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

People are really going to town on The Boogeyman on social media.

He apparently took deposits to work shows over here recently but no-showed and did not/has not returned the money.

He was stopped at airport security when they heard his bag ticking.

• Paid Members

How did people get in contact with WOS about tickets? They don't accept PMs and their Twitter seems to be about as well looked after and dealt with as 1970s pubes.

I rang the number in one of the tweets, but made sure to put the second ‘1’ in the Manchester area code they missed out.

I doubt it'd have anything to do with him being able to walk to the stadium.  More to do with the fact that he is from there and to the fans is associated with that town.  Whether he still lives there or not wouldn't be at all relevant.  According to Wikipedia he does live there anyway.

• Paid Members

He'll get roped into giving AJ a talking to or something during the build up or something. Maybe they're hoping he'll be an entrant in the rumble as one of those legends that turn up. They should stick him in a match with Ziggler and they can just sell for 25 minutes then finish with 5 minutes of superkicks.

Putting my fantasy hat on, AJ/HBK and Goldberg/Cena is a scalding hot WrestleMania. Or AJ/HBK, Undertaker/Cena and Goldberg/Reigns.

And other fun matches with all the other placeholder stars they have, too!

• Paid Members

So this WOS special/pilot thing is actually legit from ITV and Jim Ross of all people is the commentator.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/world-sport-wrestling

World Of Sport Wrestling

ITV has commissioned a one-off wrestling special to air later this year.

Commissioned by Helen Warner for ITV and produced by ITV Studios Entertainment, World Of Sport Wrestling or WOS Wrestling will see some of the UK’s top names in the sport compete in a fun-filled afternoon of family sports entertainment.

The two hour special will see some of the UK’s finest pro wrestlers including, 'The East End Butcher' Sha Samuels, Dave Mastiff and 'Viper' Kimberly Benson, compete in front of a live audience across a series of fights; from singles to tag team and eliminations. Commentary will come from America's number one wrestling commentator, Jim Ross.

Backstage, viewers will catch up with the wrestlers between fights and at the end of the show one fighter will take home the WoS Wrestling belt.

Tom Mclennan, Creative Director, ITV Studios Entertainment said: "World of Sport Wrestling was a major event for millions of families every Saturday afternoon for over 20 years. I'm excited about bringing back this iconic brand and celebrating the best British wrestlers in the country."

WOS is an ITV Studios Entertainment production for ITV. The Executive Producers are Tom Mclennan and Simon Marsh.

0161 952 0419 or wswaudience@itv.com for the freebie tickets.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Well bugger me, that's a bit of a shocker.

I wonder if this had anything to do with televisions rats following the pied piper method of when Simon Cowell casually said "they should bring back the wrestling" and a load of TV execs ran to the phone to get the wheels in motion.

Mastiff and Viper are two of my favourite wrestlers, so I'm glad we get to these those two on TV. You need a bit of meat on the bone.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay