Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

The hair was my issue with him. The long straggly thing he was doing around 'Mania 30 looked like shit, but I guess you can make the argument it was perfect for the story they told and his character. However, his 98/99 Triple H LOTR ponytail thing he was rocking was a disaster, to the point I had a hard time cheering for the man.

He would never get a real job with that old look. At least now his wrestling career is over, he can look into real estate like Nikki.

His WWE career. Bryan's adamant he is absolutely fine to wrestle and the only problem is WWEs doctors won't clear him.

I can well see him handing in his nitice when his contract comes up for renewal and wrestling on the indie scene again.

He would never get a real job with that old look. At least now his wrestling career is over, he can look into real estate like Nikki.

His WWE career. Bryan's adamant he is absolutely fine to wrestle and the only problem is WWEs doctors won't clear him.

I can well see him handing in his nitice when his contract comes up for renewal and wrestling on the indie scene again.

If Bryan recieved his release, I think we wouldn't see him in a ring anytime soon after that, WWE would very likely hit him with a lengthy no compete clause

• Paid Members

If Bryan recieved his release, I think we wouldn't see him in a ring anytime soon after that, WWE would very likely hit him with a lengthy no compete clause

The phrase 'contract renewal' was the clue there. If his contract expires and he walks away, WWE can't stop him doing anything else.

Any no compete can only be for so long, as you can't stop paying him and expect him to not be able to earn a living. Better for him ride out what I imagine is a sweet downside, and do the odd media day.

• Paid Members

WWE's "no competes" are worthless. The only one's that have held up at all are the 90 day ones, which are written into the contract as notice periods. They didn't even make Del Rio work to overturn his "can't wrestle in the U.S for a year" clause which is a pretty good indication that they know it's bollocks.

The interesting thing about Bryan is wether they'll add time on to his contract like they did Mysterio. If they never clear him then they could technically keep him under contract forever.

• Paid Members

WWE's "no competes" are worthless. The only one's that have held up at all are the 90 day ones, which are written into the contract as notice periods. They didn't even make Del Rio work to overturn his "can't wrestle in the U.S for a year" clause which is a pretty good indication that they know it's bollocks.

The interesting thing about Bryan is wether they'll add time on to his contract like they did Mysterio. If they never clear him then they could technically keep him under contract forever.

Brock Lesnar challenged WWE in court about the "no compete" clause that was preventing him going to New Japan once his football dream went <poof!> The actual result, I believe, was not disclosed to the public, but Brock Lesnar ended up wrestling for New Japan. And changed "The F5" to "The Verdict" for LOLs.

• Paid Members

Didn't you tell me the other day that Luger gave his no compete notice to Vince in December '94 then just went on a verbal agreement once it'd expired so he could turn up on the first Nitro in August '95?

• Paid Members

I reckon he's back in the ring. I know WWE are being very, very cautious over his concussion problems (for obvious rabid wolverine reasons) but if every doctor that ever lived has seemingly cleared him- yet WWE's doctor have not- you'd imagine they are doing everything they can to remedy this especially as they are short of stars at WrestleMania. Also, they may well have cleared him a while ago but wisely decided to wait until at least after the Rumble to avoid a third year in succession of the fans bombing the show.