Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Didn't he get super kicked by HBK at Wrestlemania 12? Damn, sad to see a long time employee get the sack. I guess they figured they can employ someone young to do his job for a fraction of the cost.

On that note, exactly what is a timekeeper's job in wrestling? Matches typically don't have time limits nowadays, so what do they do beyond bell ringing?

Bloody hell, he really has been around forever. Screw Austins podcast, I'd say he was most famous for being then one Vince was yelling at to ring the bell at some show in 1997.

Plus Jerry's delightful 'Yeatons got a hammer' line...

Edited by TheShowOff

I like his look. I enjoy a lardy wrestler. Don't see him making it off NXT ever though.

He might not even want to. If he moves his family down to Florida, NXT is fairly comfortable to see them most nights isn't it? He might prefer that to being all over the world every week.

I like his look. I enjoy a lardy wrestler. Don't see him making it off NXT ever though.

He might not even want to. If he moves his family down to Florida, NXT is fairly comfortable to see them most nights isn't it? He might prefer that to being all over the world every week.

Nxt pays (apparently) $750 dollars a week max. I'm not saying you can't raise a family on that but it ain't exactly retirement money either, he's obviously signed to make a year or 2 of good money to set his kids up.

I'm suprised that WWE have signed Steen. And that photo looks like Hunter is meeting a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he applies himself and does well, I'm just suprised by his signing

It does look exactly like he's meeting a fan and not even a big one at that. Strange.

In other news, did anybody else notice that WWE announcer Tom Phillips said on the 7/8/2014 opening on Superstars that there are lots of "big storylines developing in the WWE"?! So they are signing lardy wrestlers who look like fans and their up and coming announcers are selling their on-air product as a "storyline"? hmm.