New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
WWE's new Lego-style toy line's coming out soon:

What do you think of them? I think they're pretty cute. I probably wouldn't get loads but I could see myself getting a couple of my faves if they had cool sets and stuff, the Dolph one looks cool and I like Undertaker's dungeon. I'd like to see what they do for Brock and Randy.

• Paid Members

I would have got everything when I was a kid. All that shit would be mine. I hate kids so much. Little cunts have it so much better than we did. I mean, you couldn't even do a super kick with Shawn Michaels with our Hasbros. If you dont have a announce table, you could just build one with lego if you had this kit.

It amazes me how well WWE do their business (outside the ring) these days. They have everything on the market and work with so many top distributors. When it comes to marketing they are as good as anyone anywhere. With all the avenues they have, you would think it wouldn't be THAT hard to create another John Cena or Rey Mysterio. The Ultimate Warrior showed all you need is to be good looking novelty bubble bath or giant Hasbro. 90% of wrestling is looking good on the magazine cover. WWE is pretty much Star Wars now. People will bitch about the new stuff, but the thing is so strong it'll keep on rolling forever.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

WWE's new Lego-style toy line's coming out soon:

What do you think of them? I think they're pretty cute. I probably wouldn't get loads but I could see myself getting a couple of my faves if they had cool sets and stuff, the Dolph one looks cool and I like Undertaker's dungeon. I'd like to see what they do for Brock and Randy.

I love 'em. I'd get them all if I had the money and room, but I've got neither so I don't know if I'll get any. The guys you mentioned are already in the plans (there are more pictures in the link than I posted) -- Orton's got a "viper's nest" mini-playset, and Lesnar's included in the deluxe Survivor Series arena playset along with Cena, Ryback, Barrett and Jerry Lawler.

The thing I like most about these is the possibility to create a full-fledged "universe" for them. Arenas, backstage, gyms, weird dungeons, Sandow's classroom, Brodus Clay's got a DJing playset, and so on. You couldn't get that sort of stuff for bigger figures, but for little Lego type things it's perfect. I'd love a WWE cartoon of a universe where these characters all have their own jobs and interests and stuff -- these toys allow that. Not really apt for this thread but WWE's website posted a preview of the new Mick Foley comic the other day that does the same thing, transferring WWE characters over to a world outside the wrestling ring: http://www.wwe.com/inside/mick-foley-wwe-c...review-26154994 It's very different to what I was expecting, and I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

For fuck sake. Some of you know I make custom figures and about 3 months ago I thought 'Lego'. Just bought a big batch of blank Lego figures to start on and this is my first realisation that WWE are already on it.

Thought I was on to something. To be fair, others have done it but minimal. Ah well, playmobile it is then. Properly rinse the German market, they fucking love customs and playmobile.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi