New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

So who were meant to be in the orange card series? Jeff Jarrett, Men on a Mission, Stars & Stripes Lex Luger. Who else? I imagine Diesel and King of Harts Owen had to be in there, right?

That Double J head looks really good. And they've got Mabel and Mo spot on as well.

• Paid Members
Diesel, Owen, and I think a Shawn Michaels without sunglasses. The whole thing was only ever a rumour until these photos came out, though.

The 'biggest' rumor for thr orange card was Diesel, evil Doink, JJ, USA Luger and Mable. That was going around for a while and I think a couple of lads on wfigs recon this was most likely.

HBK punch action and a new razor were linked to be a mail away promotion offer.

Stom came on here a while back after someone pretended to be him, that was all a bit mental.

fork.jpg

He didn't stay long

• Paid Members

The Golden Child! I loved that film as a kid. I'll have to revisit that now, just from seeing that gif alone.

The 'biggest' rumor for thr orange card was Diesel, evil Doink, JJ, USA Luger and Mable. That was going around for a while and I think a couple of lads on wfigs recon this was most likely.

You'll probably know better than me but surely Doink had long been a babyface by the time the orange card series was supposed to come out?

The Golden Child! I loved that film as a kid. I'll have to revisit that now, just from seeing that gif alone.

You'll probably know better than me but surely Doink had long been a babyface by the time the orange card series was supposed to come out?

Yeah he would have been. In fact I'm fairly sure Doink had turned face before his first Hasbro came out a couple of series prior.

• Paid Members

It's all very true. Whilst for me the best toy line, they lost the plot towards the end. They had ideas to include figures in to lines, but when a gimmick changed or persona left, they basically knocked out an exact sculpt of a previous figure.. Tatanka for example.

On tge flip side, it's rumoured that they sometimes had some privy about possible changes to characters, so if evil doink is a true figure of the line, there could be the chance that he was going to turn.

Evil doink is a loose term too, it could have been just a different paint job without them taking the 'evil' in to consideration. Doink had his own sculpt, no one else would benefit from it, if tgey over ran the heads on on the production line, rather than waste, just repackage, ala Tatanka, yet again.

Nothing is gospel about the supposed lines to come. However, the knock off head sculpt for Diesel is has come from somewhere. Mannix didn't have those capabilities, they also knocked out a cheap Razor, Adam Bomb, Hogan, Lex and what's believed to be a new HBK scan without glasses.

The razor, hulk, lex and bomb are exact sculpts. Bomb was/is very hard to get in normal hasbro figure (green / last / limited card), so we can only guess that they bought the above moulds for a price.

Fuck knows what the exact details are about the 'hbk' and 'diesel' heads. Some believe real moulds that never made the lines, some believe just very good look a like knocks.

I believe the former.

Strangely, a CEO 'Jerry' from hasbro joined the wfigs boards, he was quickly shot down as a fraud. I'm guessing he didn't have any cutlery.

• Paid Members

That makes sense pic, the stars on the tights were again rumoured to be part of a repaint. So yeah.

Looking back, a different dusty fig with a smiling face was due out too at one point, but again was scrapped. There were a lot of rumours such as power & glory. Not much to really back these up though to be fair.

If you see any of the old catalogue prints, especially the rare ones featuring Greg R&B fig, there are lots of general inconsistancies that haven't been explained, regarding attire and reversed limbs.

I love Hasbro stuff.

My first two Hasbro's (Andre The Giant and Randy Savage) I ordered from Satellite Times magazine in 1990. They came loose in a plastic bag, no card or anything. I was the envy of school the day after they arrived, the other kids didn't even know WWF figures existed.

Edited by bobby dazzler

• Paid Members

The mail away figures are another side altogether. I've got the mail away bret and hogan, not the taker though.

My first ring came with a savage (orange trunks) in a plastic bag, but a number of the mail away figures were never recorded as being as such. They bring in a fucking mint.

The only 'official' mail away (plastic bags with PN code text on the front) are hogan in full red gear, bret hart (pink vest/black tights) and undertaker with coat.

There are a lot of other promotional bagged figures but they are tricky to identify as real or fake, insane annount of scammers chucking 2nd hand figures in plastic bags and claiming they 'may' be real.

If anyone is trying to add rares to their collection, stick to the official mails ways, fully sealed in bags with the PN code on it.

For example:

WWF-Mail-Away-Hulk-Hogan_1284574958.jpg