UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Big Trev wonders what effect Lesnar has had in increasing the shift of old school wrestling fans towards UFC. Just looking at this thread, there's a pretty significant group of guys who'll be watching for the first time, mainly because of Brock.

I have toyed with watching it before - mainly for Lesnar, because I was intrigued about how he would get on, but I could never really be arsed until now. I've really no idea if I will like it. I've never sat through a full MMA fight before. My knowledge of it starts and ends with Pete Becker v Tank Abbott.

• Paid Members

Diaz

"He was trying to tip his hat into my face and I'm no punk who will take that. He was mumbling some stupid crap about me needing to bring it. He don't even believe what he's saying. He's trying to find confidence from somewhere. I will knock something else off his head Friday."

Cerrone

"I'm not getting paid to fight today. I get paid on Friday when it counts. Let's see if he's brave enough to swat my hat off on Friday. Let's see if he even comes close. Today, I acted like a professional. Friday, I'm gonna make him pay."

I know this type of stuff is common with the Diaz boys but he's doing it more than usual this time. I think Cerrone's in his head. Gonna be a great fight but I'm picking Cerrone to take it.

• Paid Members

The only reason I gave UFC a chance was Lesnar, even after watching his first few fights I still didn't watch other shows.

I'll be cheering Lesnar on tomorrow (as always) but I can see this ending with Lesnar getting embarrassed again. I do hope I'm wrong though.

• Paid Members

Fuck, I didn't even remember Gustafsson/Vlad until I saw Ebb's post. Really looking forward to that. Gustafsson's came up fairly slowly and he's had relatively little hype compared to some of the other 205ers but he's looks the business so far. I've been a bit of a Vlad fan for a long time now but I think Gustafsson will finish this one by TKO. Big fight for him being his first PPV main card.

I'll be cheering Lesnar on tomorrow (as always) but I can see this ending with Lesnar getting embarrassed again. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I can't see Lesnar getting embarrassed. The worst that can happen is he gets knocked out, which isn't that bad considering he's fighting a K-1 veteran.

I've just had a look on the tv guide and it only shows UFC 141 on the listings as 3am-4am. Shouldn't the whole event kick off at 1am? There's UFC Unleashed from 1-2 and the countdown show from 2-3. Any idea where the full undercard will be shown or should it just be on Facebook again?

I've just had a look on the tv guide and it only shows UFC 141 on the listings as 3am-4am. Shouldn't the whole event kick off at 1am? There's UFC Unleashed from 1-2 and the countdown show from 2-3. Any idea where the full undercard will be shown or should it just be on Facebook again?

ESPN have been advertising the event as a 3am start.

I'd totally forgotten who was on this card until I checked it the other day, Kim, Nunes, Pearson, Vlad, Gustafsson, all guys I enjoy watching but I'd forgotten they were even fighting. Kim really should be further up the card, he should breeze past Pierson anyway.

I've always been a fan of Vlad, but I really like Gustafsson as well, I'm gonna predict a Vlad decision victory though.

I'm enjoying the Cerrone/Diaz stuff, can't wait to see Cerrone beat the cunt.

• Paid Members

Main Card:

Brock Lesnar (266) vs. Alistair Overeem (263)

Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Nate Diaz (157*)

Jon Fitch (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (170)

Alexander Gustafsson (203) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)

Jim Hettes (145) vs. Nam Phan (146)

Preliminary Card:

Junior Assuncao (145) vs. Ross Pearson (145)

Danny Castillo (156) vs. Anthony Njokuani (154)

Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Sean Pierson (171)

Efrain Escudero (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (155)

Luis Ramos (171) vs. Matt Riddle (170)

Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Diego Nunes (145)

*Diaz was one pound over, has one hour to drop the weight. Cerrone said he's fine with fighting at 157.

I seem to remember something about Setanta cutting off at 4 am on BT Vision, is it maybe the same for ESPN? That would be extremely unfortunate for you if it's the case.

Archived