UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree with Mir, if Brock can put the pressure on Overeem, stuff him against the cage and rip him down he can do his thing and win...my problem with it all is, i think Brock' going to panic when they are on their feet and shoot a sloppy takedown. Brock MMA takedown' haven't been all that really (save for the first Mir takedown which was scary), he's missed a few and guys have managed to get up once he's taken them down. I know he's fought a selection of wrestlers who's managed to do this but i just feel a fresh Overeem is not going to be an easy man to take down, and if Brock is sloppy it aint going to happen early in the fight.

Well that's pretty much what everyone is saying, Brock will either take Reem down and smash him or Reem gets an early KO. Lesnar's taken enough hits to the face in his past couple of fights that he shouldn't be cacking himself all the time. It's something that's inherent to a lot of the guys who come from a wrestling background, is the lack of stand up knowledge. Instead of him turning his back or going backwards he's got to be trained into dodging, parrying or blocking. It's still a fucking retarded thing to do for a pro fighter, even though he hasn't actuially had that many fights and he did get dropped in the deep end as soon as he entered the UFC.

• Paid Members
i agree with Mir, if Brock can put the pressure on Overeem, stuff him against the cage and rip him down he can do his thing and win...my problem with it all is, i think Brock' going to panic when they are on their feet and shoot a sloppy takedown. Brock MMA takedown' haven't been all that really (save for the first Mir takedown which was scary), he's missed a few and guys have managed to get up once he's taken them down. I know he's fought a selection of wrestlers who's managed to do this but i just feel a fresh Overeem is not going to be an easy man to take down, and if Brock is sloppy it aint going to happen early in the fight.

Well that's pretty much what everyone is saying, Brock will either take Reem down and smash him or Reem gets an early KO. Lesnar's taken enough hits to the face in his past couple of fights that he shouldn't be cacking himself all the time. It's something that's inherent to a lot of the guys who come from a wrestling background, is the lack of stand up knowledge. Instead of him turning his back or going backwards he's got to be trained into dodging, parrying or blocking. It's still a fucking retarded thing to do for a pro fighter, even though he hasn't actuially had that many fights and he did get dropped in the deep end as soon as he entered the UFC.

yeh, it's the panic/experience factor that leads me to believe that Overeem will win this early and brutally. Brock seem's to have to have the inability to pace himself and i put that down to inexperience which leads to fear (which is totally understandable), and he's fighting a guy with a huge amount of experience who will not be daunted by what's coming at him.

I actually think that Brock's reaction to getting hit will be even worse now, because he's not exactly reacted well to getting hit and now he's fighting the best striker in the heavyweight division, it doesn't bode well.

again, Overeem by destruction!

• Paid Members

I think Overeem is gonna come in way overconfident and get dumped on his ass, smothered and roughed up, I see a Lesnar TKO from ground and pound in the third.

Despite what people say about Brock dealing with punches, he has eaten them from some big hitters in Cain and Carwin. I'm not saying that either is a more accomplished striker than Overeem, but they did/do have more weapons to their games (Wrestling) for Brock to be thinking about.

Lesnar smash.

I actually think that Brock's reaction to getting hit will be even worse now, because he's not exactly reacted well to getting hit and now he's fighting the best striker in the heavyweight division, it doesn't bode well.

again, Overeem by destruction!

Again you said he's the best Striker in the division, which is A: factually wrong and B: really stupid.

The best striker in the division is Junior Dos Santos, a great technical boxer. It's a stupid statement because he hasn't fought in the division yet. You have to go on how guys do in the UFC. If you go on past glories then the best current heavyweight is Cro Cop, when you go to the actual records of him in UFC then you know that's a different story.

Again you said he's the best Striker in the division, which is A: factually wrong and B: really stupid.

The best striker in the division is Junior Dos Santos, a great technical boxer. It's a stupid statement because he hasn't fought in the division yet. You have to go on how guys do in the UFC. If you go on past glories then the best current heavyweight is Cro Cop, when you go to the actual records of him in UFC then you know that's a different story.

Wow! How fucking patronising are you?

Correct me if I am wrong, but after his loss to Roy Nelson, didn't Cro Cop say that he was retiring from MMA and that was him done in the UFC? If that is the case, the the statement you made in your post is both A: factually wrong and B: really stupid.

Correct me if I am wrong, but after his loss to Roy Nelson, didn't Cro Cop say that he was retiring from MMA and that was him done in the UFC? If that is the case, the the statement you made in your post is both A: factually wrong and B: really stupid.

Well said.

I expect it's much in the same way BJ Penn retired after facing Nick Diaz. Fighters say a lot of things they don't mean after a fight. I expect he'll return to MMA in the next 6 months, his profile is still on UFC's site. The guy wasn't dropped and as such may still be under a contract, so there's every chance for him to come back.

I expect it's much in the same way BJ Penn retired after facing Nick Diaz. Fighters say a lot of things they don't mean after a fight. I expect he'll return to MMA in the next 6 months, his profile is still on UFC's site. The guy wasn't dropped and as such may still be under a contract, so there's every chance for him to come back.

No, he is retired from MMA - he is returning to K1 next year.

Archived