UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UFC does not test for HGH. It is not required by any of the athletic comissions. Apparently the testing process is highly costly and due to the amount of time it remains in the body the testing process is complicated and not worth while, yet.

Let's be thankful that they don't. Imagine the fights over the past few years that we would have been robbed of potentially...

Every GSP fight from the past 3 years? :laugh:

That wouldn't be a loss to me, GSP is definitely a very skilled fighter with really great takedown defence and amazing standup. Though he is really boring, he can batter someone for 3 rounds to the point where they can't fight back, but GSP won't finish it he's more than happy to let the fight go for the full 5 rounds. The Koschek fight being a great example of this, he could have finished that fight in the second, but he's far too happy to let it go to the judges. That's why I place Silva and Jones above GSP, since they go out their to win, be it submission or knockout, not to do the minimum amount to get the win.

I'd much prefer to see 5 rounds of GSP domination than Silva dancing around morons and fighters buying into Jones' hype.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt he's on steroids. I'd guess he's probably been taking HGH if he's been taking anything, and he won't be the first UFC fighter to do that if rumours are to be believed.

Randy Couture 2007 is blushing!

The only fighters I would be shocked to find were on PED or HGH are BJ Penn and the Diaz brothers. Unless you count weed as a performance enhancer.

The Jackson Camp is getting as bad as Hammer House and Chute Boxe back in the day and Overeem's old camp of Golden Glory is meant to be a place were you can shoot up openly and no one will bat an eyelid.

I'd much prefer to see 5 rounds of GSP domination than Silva dancing around morons and fighters buying into Jones' hype.

You'd rather watch the dull lay and preyfest of GSP vs Dan Hardy or Koschek constantly getting poked in the face constantly. Over a guy who has finished every fight he's been in, in convincing fashion and is the first light heavyweight champion since Liddel to succesfully defend the title. Or the number one pound for pound fighter in the world who is unbeaten in the UFC. Then quite frankly sir you're a fucking moron.

im still interested to read how many people think Brock's going to win this, im willing to bet the house that he gets smashed within two rounds (i'd say 1, but im giving myself a little bit of room for error).

I don't reallt know what people are basing their judgements on? Brock's had about a minute's success in his past two fights, the rest of the time he's been beaten up pretty bad, the guy's also coming off a 14 month layoff, and he's going in against the most feared striker in MMA. Brock's gonna come in paniced (is that a word?), sloppy and he's gonna get laid out. Brock's fought the same his entire career and coming off such a long lay off he's going to be even worse, especially considering who he's fighting.

If the Werdum fight hadn't happened i'm liable to think that The 'Reem would be a bigger favorite to win, but his stock unfairly dropped after that fight and everyone's kinda of buying into this shit that he's rubbish on the ground, which he isn't.

Overeem by destruction.

You can't be that confident, surely?

UFC does not test for HGH. It is not required by any of the athletic comissions. Apparently the testing process is highly costly and due to the amount of time it remains in the body the testing process is complicated and not worth while, yet.

Let's be thankful that they don't. Imagine the fights over the past few years that we would have been robbed of potentially...

Every GSP fight from the past 3 years? :laugh:

That wouldn't be a loss to me, GSP is definitely a very skilled fighter with really great takedown defence and amazing standup. Though he is really boring, he can batter someone for 3 rounds to the point where they can't fight back, but GSP won't finish it he's more than happy to let the fight go for the full 5 rounds. The Koschek fight being a great example of this, he could have finished that fight in the second, but he's far too happy to let it go to the judges. That's why I place Silva and Jones above GSP, since they go out their to win, be it submission or knockout, not to do the minimum amount to get the win.

Yeah Jones sucks, he can't even beat Matt Hamill, don't believe the hype!

• Paid Members

You'd rather watch the dull lay and preyfest of GSP vs Dan Hardy or Koschek constantly getting poked in the face constantly. Over a guy who has finished every fight he's been in, in convincing fashion and is the first light heavyweight champion since Liddel to succesfully defend the title. Or the number one pound for pound fighter in the world who is unbeaten in the UFC. Then quite frankly sir you're a fucking moron.

I'd rather watch gsp vs anyone over silva vs Damien Maia. Which is the fight he was referencing.

I'd rather watch gsp vs anyone over silva vs Damien Maia. Which is the fight he was referencing.

Fuck off! That fight was hilarious, the guy was being an absolute clown and Maia still couldn't do shit to him. Go and watch GSP Vs Koscheck again, it was pretty much the same fight without the dancing. Replace getting tired from dancing with lovetaps and it is near enough an identical fight. The Maia fight is the only fight of Silva' last 5 fights to go the distance, compared to GSP's last 5 fights where all but one have gone to decision. The one win which didn't go to decision is because Penn quit, GSP would have carried on being dull for another round and gone to the judges, he doesn't have that killer instinct. It's the sole reason he's on this list http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2011/12/22/le..._athletes_2011/

Look at Jones and Anderson Silva, they put on good fights and make top level world class fighters look like shit, but they're entertaining because they finish fights. GSP is dull and puts on dull fights, most of his fights are comparable to me picking on my nephews. Sure I'm going to win, but I'm not going to knock them out or apply a choke to them. GSP does the minimum amount to win via judges decision, he doesn't have that killer instinct. He's like Rocky in Rocky 3, he needs a challenge the entire division has been killed by him. Whilst he's off it's actually made the division interesting and as much as I hate the guy I hope Nick Diaz is GSP's Clubber Lang. Because GSP needs to to go to a ghetto gym and have a homo-erotic montage with a large black man getting back the eye of the tiger.

Look at Jones and Anderson Silva, they put on good fights and make top level world class fighters look like shit, but they're entertaining because they finish fights. GSP is dull and puts on dull fights, most of his fights are comparable to me picking on my nephews. Sure I'm going to win, but I'm not going to knock them out or apply a choke to them. GSP does the minimum amount to win via judges decision, he doesn't have that killer instinct. He's like Rocky in Rocky 3, he needs a challenge the entire division has been killed by him. Whilst he's off it's actually made the division interesting and as much as I hate the guy I hope Nick Diaz is GSP's Clubber Lang. Because GSP needs to to go to a ghetto gym and have a homo-erotic montage with a large black man getting back the eye of the tiger.

This is an absolutely beautiful post. Who can be the elderly Jew that Diaz can kill by just looking at him?

Archived