UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*The urine sample that Alistair Overeem took on 12/14 in the U.K. came back today negative for all prohibited substances.*The urine sample submitted by Overeem on 12/7 to his doctor in Holland and sent to a German lab was returned to the doctor with no testing done of its contents. Overeem's doctor then disposed of its contents and sent a letter to UFC saying that since it wasn't tested, and it had been more than 24 hours, the sample would be worth nothing and it was disposed of. The sample was returned to his doctor untested on 12/12 and his doctor disposed of the sample on 12/13.

I smell something fishy........and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldricks apple crumble!!!

• Paid Members

Yeah, steroids may have a purpose, although I've never heard of them being able to stop a tank driving your arse to the ground.

Horse meat on the other hand.

How can steroids actually help either of these men? They have surely surpassed the need for such a drug. It already looks like balrog vs zangief

• Paid Members
This is going to be strange having it on a Friday. I wonder if some people will miss it by assuming it's on Saturday. Is this the first numbered UFC not to be held on a Saturday night?

They did actually all used to be on Fridays. Here's some old posters

Ufc_9.JPG

UFC_22_POSTER-copy.jpg

UFC-40-Vendetta-2002.jpg

ufc43poster.jpg

ufc47poster.jpg

Not sure exactly when they changed to Saturdays but I think it was around the UFC 50s. I'm thinking UFC 51 which was called 'Super Saturday' was the first but I dunno if they were all Saturdays from then on or if that came later.

Good point though, I can see a lot of people fucking up thinking it's on the Saturday.

Yeah, steroids may have a purpose, although I've never heard of them being able to stop a tank driving your arse to the ground.

How can steroids actually help either of these men? They have surely surpassed the need for such a drug. It already looks like balrog vs zangief

When your 205lbs and then go to 260lb in Japan (which has no steriod testing) and it's all solid muscle. Thats how steriods help!

When your 205lbs and then go to 260lb in Japan (which has no steriod testing) and it's all solid muscle. Thats how steriods help!

It was more like 225/230 to 260, he was cutting a lot to make 205lbs.

Archived