UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Peoples and Miragliotta are pretty cack and I'll throw Mazzagatti and Kim Winslow onto the shite refs pile.

Peoples and Miragliotta also have the additional bonus of being equally as awful judges as they are referees. Big Dan's main claim to fame being scoring the fight for Bas Rutten in his battle with Kevin Randleman many years back.

Kim Winslow is dreadful. Wasn't it her late stoppage that led to Julia Budd fucking up her arm when she fought 'Rowdy' Ronda recently? Whilst I'm at it, what is that ridiculous fucking gesture she does when she gets introduced? Sliding her finger down her nose, or something equally as daft.

Yeah she was also the ref in the Cyborg vs Jan Finney fight. I was starting to think Finney had fucked Winslow's husband or something the way she let that fight go on despite Finney being pretty much defenseless most of the fight. Winslow's fucking dangerous, someone is gonna get hurt on her watch.

Anyone else not looking forward to this event? It seems to be a one fight card and both Overeem and Lesnar are coming of a quite long delay from some of their worst performances for a while. Also why is Diaz fighting Cerrone as i would probably consider Cerrone top 5 Lightweights and Diaz nowhere near him in terms of rankings based on his recent performances.

I get what you mean about Diaz vs Cerrone. As great as that fight's gonna be Cerrone is probably one win away from a title shot and Diaz, although he looked excellent last time vs Gomi, has had a bumpy road lately and only just come back to 155. Odd matchmaking in a way but still gonna be a hell of a scrap.

I like the card though. Top 2 fights aside there's some good stuff there. Gustafsson finally gets on PPV and Vlad's a tough opponent for him. Ross Pearson's debut at featherweight and Nunes/Manvel and Njokuani/Castillo should be good fights.

Nam Phan vs Jim Hettes could be a sleeper aswell. Hettes had a cracking fight with Bruce Leeroy a few months back.

Not as stacked as 140 or 139 but should be a fun show all the same.

Cerrone wants/needs another fight. Most of the other top contenders are either already awaiting their shot or have already been eliminated and can't really be put in a fight that looks like an eliminator. Diaz is a guy who's always been near the top, provides a great fight against more or less anyone, and by any reasonable measure, only lost one fight at welterweight having only gone up because he got so badly gipped against Maynard. If Cerrone beats Diaz, he's beaten everyone who's not already been in line for a shot. I'm assuming, as well, that because Diaz is a pretty recognisable name, if they put him against Cerrone near the top of the card on a show that's likely to draw big numbers, they can make Cerrone into much more of a draw for his title shot when it does come around.

Id Henderson beats Edgar and Cerrone beats Diaz, do you think the UFC would consider setting up a Henderson/Cerrone 3? considering Henderson is 2-0 against the Cowboy?

I've been thinking the same thing. I've decided that they probably would. They could easily reel out the fact that Cerrone hasn't lost in the UFC and use it to sell that things could be different this time out.

Id Henderson beats Edgar and Cerrone beats Diaz, do you think the UFC would consider setting up a Henderson/Cerrone 3? considering Henderson is 2-0 against the Cowboy?

They'd have to, you really couldn't deny Cerrone a shot after all he has done this year - plus despite 155 being the busiest division, there really isn't any other person who stands out as a contender right now.

Plus both their previous fights have been great entertainment.

• Paid Members
Plus Henderson/Cerrone hasn't happened in the UFC so many fans probably haven't even witnessed their WEC fights.

yeh, suppose. They ha a similar situation with Big Nog/Heath Herring and they put that together.

Archived